Monday 15 November 2010

Lily of the Valley wedding card

Hello everyone,

 I hope you had a good weekend and are ready for another week. We went to a wedding on Saturday and the weather was sunny and bright even though it was a touch chilly when the photos were being taken. The venue was lovely and during the ceremony we all had an amazing surprise. When the time came for the Best Man to pass the wedding rings on to the Groom, he seemed to have difficulty finding them and then stretched out his left arm and a beautiful barn owl flew from behind us, landed on his arm, and the rings were found in a little red bag attached to its leg We could have been in a Harry Potter scene. Here is a picture of the owl resting in the garden after his labours - its a bit blurry, but I was excited and didn't hold the camera very steady.


I made a card for the happy couple using the cute Lily of the Valley bridal pair. I used some Stampin Up Mellow Moss card as the base of the gate fold card and some Hot of the Press patterned paper.



For some reason the colour looks grey rather that the green it looked in reality but if you click to enlarge it looks a bit better.
 The matted elements open on different sides of the card and I finished off the main image with a little bow tied from sheer Swiss dot ribbon.


I hope you have good week. Thanks for looking and for all the kind comments you leave. They make my day and I really do appreciate them.

Carol x

5 comments:

Linby said...

oh wow - the owl at the wedding sounds amazing. Love the card you made.
Lynn x

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Wow! Soooo cute! I love the way you open and close it. Just ordered my first Lily of the Valley stamps and your card make me long even more for them to reach my mailbox!!!

Maria Moorhouse said...

Hi Carol, i just saw your name on a challenge blog,i had to have a look at your inky fingers,especially as i have inky mits! ha ha.
I love your wish tree,great idea! x

Lavender Rose said...

Great modern card, love the stamp!

zopeloti said...

Great card and what an awesome treat to have the barn owl deliver the rings. The awe a beautiful creature and fun to work with.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...