Sunday 26 December 2010

Papertrey December Blog Hop Challenge

Hello everyone,



I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas so far, with more relaxation now that the big day has has been and gone. I managed to get a little crafting time this morning whilst everyone else was sleeping off some of the excesses of yesterday, and I decided to play along with the PTI December blog hop. The challenge is to use some of the Christmas leftovers on a card and as a lot of our wrapping paper and ribbon was red, I chose to make a Valentine card:-


I cut the card shape from my Cricut 'Wild Card' cartridge and stamped the lower half with all the stamps in the PTI Background Basics 'Hearts' set. I then die cut some hearts out of some used snowflake wrapping paper with Sizzix dies and matted them onto red card.


I threaded some leftover ribbon through one of the hearts and stuck it down with my ATG gun. I didn't glue down the top layer of paper heart, but just used the ribbon to hold down the centre to add more dimension.









  I chalked the edges of the card to soften the whiteness a little, used some red heart gems to highlight the hearts and finished off with a sentiment  from PTI Signature Series 'Flower'. I am hoping that the snowflake design of the paper is geometric enough to look a little like flowers but what the heck, we may still be having snow in February, so it doesn't really matter.
Thanks for looking in and enjoy the rest of the holidays.
Hugs
Carol x

32 comments:

Lori said...

So sweet!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW Carol! What a Valentine's card! Makes me wish I wasn't the only one making cards in this family... Love tha shape and the distressed edges! Happy Holidays, from Karin

sarahw said...

Such a great card. I love how you used your wrapping paper and ribbon.

Lori said...

great use of the wrapping paper!!

Vanessa said...

This is adorable, Carol!!! Love it!

Ryann said...

Totally adorable, Carol!

Karen C. said...

The red and white wrapping paper makes perfect Valentine Day hearts. I like how you threaded the ribbon through the heart - very clever idea.

Kara said...

pretty!

9kids said...

Great shaped card. Hearts are my favorites!

Terri said...

Very cute! I think the die cuts work great for a Valentine card!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the heart shaped card and the distressing really softens the white up! LOVE the snowflake hearts and the ribbon threaded through! LOVE the heart bling! FAB card!

Linda said...

Pretty! Love the way you used the background stamps. Note to self....

Stephanie said...

Just perfect!!! I love what you did with your left-over wrapping paper......especially using snowflakes to turn into a Valentine card. Lovely!

Rosanne said...

Very pretty!

Barbara said...

Awesome idea to thread the ribbon through that heart! I'm going to have to remember that! Beautiful card!

Anne Tussing said...

Very bright and cheery! I love the way you threaded the ribbon through the heart!

Suzanne said...

Carol, I love this! SO adorable!

Babies-Beth said...

So nice! Gosh, on some of today's cards it really is hard to 'see' the Christmas paper, lol!

Ciacchina said...

molto romantica!

Kelly S. said...

LOVE how you used that ribbon! The patterns from the paper are so great for those Valentine hearts, awesome card!

Daniela F. said...

Sweet cards! Love your ribbon treatment :)

Krista said...

love how you can't even tell this was snowflake/holiday paper on this Valentine's card!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun shaped card.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Marge said...

What a darling card; clever idea to use the snowflakes!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of the paper!!

Lee Anne said...

Oh, this is a great card! I love the shape and how you divided it up! Wonderful!

Shirlann said...

Love the bling for valentines!

Janelle said...

I didn't realize how effortlessly Christmas wraps could be transitioned to Valentine projects! Great card and good use of those red & white paper scraps!

Jessica Griffin said...

Absolutely gorgeous Carol!! Love your card, and you got a jump start on Valentines Day! I hope you saved the paper!

Sam said...

Such a pretty card Carol. That paper is perfect for a Valentine's Day card!

Erin said...

Lovely card! I love the bling :)

myhuonglequyen said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

🔰 Black Friday 2020 diễn ra vào ngày 27/11/2020, bạn đã sẵn sàng nhập cuộc chưa?! Dịp này, khách hàng yêu thích shopping lại tận hưởng những đợt "SALE GIÁ SỐC" theo đúng nghĩa. Hầu hết các cửa hàng, website TMĐT liên tục đưa ra các chương trình sale lên đến 90%. Cùng chờ đón và sở hữu những Hot Deals Black Friday có 1 0 2 dịp Sale được đón chờ nhất trong năm nhé. Chi tiết Hot Deals Black Friday 2020 tại đây: https://www.facebook.com/TopKhuyenMaiBlackFriday/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...