I'm sorry I've still not been very active on the blog but it is summertime and the weather has been beautiful so we have been a bit busy lately. We've also had a bit of a domestic problem with a drain from the kitchen so we haven't been able to use the kitchen sink/washing machine/dishwasher for several days which has given me a renewed appreciation of how our mothers coped without all our labour saving appliances! Well, the drain has now been replaced so we are back to normal service thank goodness, and a rainy day has encouraged me back to my craft room for some inky time. I was browsing through Aimes' blog and discovered that the Case Study Challenge is one year old and I haven't entered it yet. I loved this card
and decided to case the colour blocking and also try the multiple cut apertures in the PTI Make it Monday challenge this week. I think I was a bit ambitious, and I nearly gave up halfway through when I decided I wasn't after all sure that the colours worked, but I persevered and this is what I came up with.
I started by layering strips of PTI Ocean Tides and Aqua Mist card adding some dotted DP in the centre. I cut out an aperture with Nestabilities Labels 5 and mounted it onto a panel of Ripe Avocado card. I then cut another aperture with one of the Fillable Frames dies and filled the hole with the same shape cut from Aqua Mist card and stamped it with Fresh Snow Ink. I then adhered this to a white card base and cut an aperture through the whole card with Signature series Flower die and stamped through the hole with the corresponding flower stamp. I finished off with some twill tape and a sentiment. I think I would prefer this in brighter colours and it doesn't have the elegance of the original inspiration but it is a good way to use up scraps of card.
Thanks for looking.