Friday 30 September 2011

Cricut New home canvas and Papertrey Ink card

Hello everyone,

Its a strange sort of day today. I'm really enjoying the autumn sunshine after the dreadful summer we have had and we are going to have our first barbecue of the year tonight! Before then we are off to the Lowry Theatre with members of our choir to sing Christmas Carols for the publicity launch of their Christmas production of Scrooge. Hmmm Carols and funny hats in the current temperature seems so odd! I suppose that if I were in Australia, this would be a common experience.

Anyway, I think I mentioned that my daughter moved to a new flat last weekend and I just want to share the card I sent her and a little gift I made for her kitchen wall. Laura received some pretty housewarming kitchen gifts with a pretty design.


Whilst I was helping her unpack, I appropriated the packaging the items came in to see if I could make a coordinating canvas for the wall. Papertrey Ink have a challenge this week to make chipboard shapes out of thinner pieces of  piled up card and this gave me the idea of what to do.

I took an 8 x 8 inch canvas and used Papertrey Fresh snow Ink and and some pink ink to create a soft kind of marbled background. The gifts have a folk art type heart image on them so I used my Cricut to cut the large hearts and the message from pink card, and I then cut multiple smaller shape hearts out of scrap card and stacked them with the top piece being cut from the packaging.

click to enlarge

I made the little flower in the same way, but offset the base pink hearts to give some definition, and arranged them in a flower shape


I was quite pleased with how this turned out.

I had already sent a new home card which I made with PTI Love Lives Here stamps and dies.


I'm off  to have lunch in the garden whilst it is still so lovely, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs
Carol x





4 comments:

Laura said...

Both lovely! xxx

Marybeth said...

Both cards are beautiful ,Carol! Christmas carols now , how fun! Hope your not missing your daughter too much. Take care.

Ann said...

Christmas carols!!! Bet you thought you must be in Australia singing in the middle of a heat wave! Lovely cards - don't you just love those little houses - perfect for a new home.

Amy said...

Cute as can be! I know your daughter will love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...