Tuesday 25 October 2011

Halloween treat bags

Hello everyone and welcome to Erin who is a new follower this week.

Its the 25th of the month and time for the Papertrey Ink October Blog Hop



The task this month is to use this inspiration picture for a project.



I chose to use the pumpkin image and the orange colours to make some Halloween treat bags. As I was mass producing these, I took photos as I went along so if you are in a hurry to see all the other lovely offerings from other blog hoppers, just scroll down.

I thought that the Papertrey ink dies from Sending you and Mat stack 3 resemble gravestones and would be a good base for my projects along with a stamp set that  blogger Margaret
kindly sent to me some time ago and I was waiting for Halloween to use.



I took a simple sandwich bag which I got from the local pound shop ( a real bargain at 50 bags for £1)


and stamped a couple of images onto it with Memento tuxedo black ink



before putting some little Halloween treats into each bag.



I  die cut the tag base from white card with the PTI die and stamped the pumpkin image and one of the words


before roughly colouring the pumpkin with the Copic Orange Zest trio.


I then sponged on Spiced Marmalade distress ink and stamped the face onto the pumpkin,


 before punching a couple of holes in the tag, threading some black ribbon through and tying it to the bag.


I piled all the bags into a basket ready for all the little Trick or Treaters who call on the spookiest night of the year.


This was so simple and quick to do that I was sorry I came to the end!
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the hop - I can't wait to see what everyone has to inspire us with this month.

Hugs
Carol

31 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh Carol these are fabulous, deffo going to the pound shop to see if I can get some of those bags(fantastic idea!) Love the tags you have made, think I need to invest in a Halloween stamp set ;)

Hugs
Vicki x

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh my goodness, look at this basketful of goodies!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Love these.

Kay Demonbren said...

Wow, you are so right! I never realized it before, but those two dies would make perfect tombstones! Such a wonderful idea, and your project is quite lovely!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are fabulous! I love how you stamped on the bags and the tags!

Martha Glower said...

Very nice. I definitely need to check out those dies. from Martha

Amy Kolling said...

Great little treat bags! Love that die cut!!!

Becky said...

These are so fun! I love the way you closed the bags up!

Ally said...

What a great Halloween project! I love the tags you created for those adorable goodie bags. So fun. ;-)

Nancy said...

These little treat bags are so darn cute, I love 'em. A great job!

Lee said...

These treat bags are so cute.

Unknown said...

Cute treat bags!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic project, Carol! And your coloring is outstanding!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Funny project! Love the cute sacks you created!
Hugs, Wendy

Marybeth said...

I knew you would have something great and you do. Love these treat bag. Perfect.

Linby said...

oh wow these are great Carol.
Linbyx

Ann said...

Wow Carol! Yes they do look like grave stones - how clever you are!

Suzanne said...

Carol, this is amazing! I love this idea!

Kara said...

awesome treat bags!!

Cammie said...

Wonderful treat bags!

Linda Suarez said...

Super cute!

cards by cara said...

So very cute! Love your idea for these treat bags.

Amanda Profumo said...

What a darling project! Your treat bags and tags are so adorable! Thanks for the step-by-step photos too!

Lori said...

What a fun little seasonal goodie bag!

Cecilie said...

This is a very cute idea and beautifully executed. Clever idea.

Suzanne Russell said...

Pretty fancy tags! Your coloring is outstanding! Thanks for sharing these inspirational goodies! :)

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Those little treat bags are so adorable! Love that Haloween stamp set.....

Sandy said...

Very cute Halloween Treat bags.
Sandy

Wishcraft said...

Love your treat bags, they're fabulous! Lisa x

Ruby said...

Congratulations Carol, you just won the digital scrapbooking software in my giveaway! Please can you email me and I will sort out a code for you to claim your software! (rubyrubis@aol.com)

Anonymous said...

Ah, these are GREAT, Carol! I'm so happy that you were able to use this set - and HOW !!!!

Margaret C

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...