Sunday, 9 October 2011

Papertrey Ink/Waltzing Mouse Christmas card

Hello everyone,,

We're back home and rested after a lovely few days in the Lake District. We had a lot of wet weather, which gave me time to catch up on some reading, but we saw a wonderful sunrise and had one glorious sunny day when we could get some walking in. I forgot to take my camera and I'm kicking myself because I don't have a single shot of a good sunrise - truth be told, I don't even usually see a sunrise!

Now I'm back I want to start thinking about my Christmas cards and will try to get most of them made before the panic sets in when the last posting date looms.

I made a card for the current Case Study challenge which this month is featuring the wonderful Niki Estes. This was the card for casing




and I decided to case the music, the lace and the lower right hand focal point for a Christmas card.



I used a Kraft card base, stamped with PTI Background basics twinkle in white ink which was also swiped around the edges, and then dyed some lacy ribbon with fired brick distress ink. I took some white satin card and used the resist technique to stamp and emboss the  music from WMS Musical backgrounds and then inked and buffed the card with peeled paint distress ink, before die cutting the tree with a PTI die. I decorated the tree with some card candy, cut a little heart, and stamped and embossed the greeting.

Thanks for looking.

Hugs
Carol x

13 comments:

  1. Love the card - the tree is fantastic. How galling to forget your camera - I've never seen a sunrise to photo either!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Carol, love the Christmas tree with the embossing, I just love heat embossing but don't use it nearly enough - might give it ago ;)

    Glad you enjoyed your holiday and the wet weather didn't get you down :)

    Hugs
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card, thanks for describing how you made it, love the tree and your fab dyed ribbon,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the colors and the layers. Actually, all of your cards are gorgeous (I took a peek on your blog--wow!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oeh! Very pretty! Love your christmas tree!! Just purchased this die myself as well and looking forward to using it for this years holiday cards. Yours is very beautiful! Love the music in the tree!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I love the music stamped on the tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun Christmas card, love the tree! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Carol! Great job on the CASE and congratulations on being in the TOP 3!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol, I absolutely love this! I love the sheet music stamped on the tree die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous card, but I stopped by to comment for your WMS blog waltz card, and the comment box won't open for some reason! So I will comment here - a beautiful Christmas thank you card, gorgeous colours too. Happy Waltzing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card! Your music tree is super!

    Whenever you mention the lake district it totally makes me think of Pride and Prejudice:)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I would really appreciate it if you could find time to leave a comment before you leave.

Thanks,
Carol x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...