Monday 17 September 2012

Papertrey Ink birthday card

Hello everyone,

I hope you had a good weekend and are refreshed for another week. I was thrilled to have this pink and brown card showcased over at Less is More this week and would like to thank Mandi and Chrissie for their kindness. I have a fondness for pink and brown together and made this card a while ago but didn't get round to posting it.

click to enlarge

I used a textured embossing panel for the large pink background but experimented a bit with the small circle and one of those anywhere hole punches that you have to hammer to get the hole. For this I just pressed it without hammering and it gave little embossed circles, and I then stitched the butterfly onto it. The LIM challenge this week is to use ovals and I hope to get time to play along at some point this week. I've got to dash now because it is my birthday on Wednesday and a friend is giving me an early birthday treat of a manicure followed by afternoon tea at Ness Gardens, so this lucky girl needs to jump into the shower..

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

Hugs
Carol x

5 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Really lovely card Carol, the colours are so pretty.

Joyce said...

Pink and brown is a favorite of mine, and how lovely that you added the aqua as well. Your card is so sweet and pretty.

Patricia said...

How sweet and elegant is this, it is so pretty.

Patricia

Donna said...

Oh I love these gorgeous pastel colours, beautiful card. Happy Birthday for tomorrow. Donna x

Stephanie said...

Fabulous design (& you know how much I love papertrey ink!) so this card is perfect! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...