Thursday 4 October 2012

Papertrey Ink anniversary card

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to Deb who is a new follower this week.

Its been a bit quiet on the craft front for me the last week or so because we have had builders in and my craft space along with my computer has been out of action. However the work was finished yesterday and after a morning spent clearing away all the dust, I've found time to make a quick anniversary card for the LIM challenge which this week is to make a card with the theme Love and Marriage.




I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out a heart stencil and inked the shape onto a card base. I used red ink, the same as I used to stamp on the card, but it looked pink after a light inking. I was undecided about adding further layers of ink but in the end I decided that I quite liked the contrast of the pink and red together. I then cut a smaller heart and stamped rows of hearts on the lower half topped by some ribbon and a bow. I stamped a sentiment from the PTI Signature Greetings set on the top half of the heart, added a few red pearls and mounted the heart onto the card base with foam pads to add some dimension.

I'm off to have a browse round all the blogs I've been missing, but thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card ... I really like the clarity and I agree, the pink and red work really well together. Thanks for sharing. Anita in France.

Unknown said...

Hi Carol, what a gorgeous card so clean and simple, love the pink and red together.

Wilma x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linby said...

It's gorgeous, I like the pink with it too
Linbyx

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous anniversary card. Isn't the Cameo great?

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Carol this is gorgeous!!

Stamps and Paper said...

GOrgeous card Carole...love the simplicity of your card...

Anne

Mandi said...

Love that huge heart Carol
I'm not a red person but I really love it with pink
Thank you very much
mandi
LIM

Loli said...

Hola Carol, gorgeous card, i like the bright colours and the small hearts, beautiful card!
Hugs from Palma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...