Thursday, 21 March 2013

30th birthday card

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to Charmaine and Andrene who are new followers this week.

I'm back for Day 3 of the Pattern Play course



and for day 3 we were asked to use a difficult pattern paper on a project. Well I'd had this paper in my stash for at least 5 years and never found a way of using it, but I was asked to make a large 30th birthday card  and thought this might fit the bill. So two challenges to take me out of my comfort zone  - large cards are a challenge because there is so much space to fill - and finally using this very girly paper.


I made an 8 inch by 8 inch white card base, and I found a darker toning card but didn't have a paper that would go with it so I took a piece of paler pink card and stamped little hearts all over it to make my own second patterned paper. 





I typed the sentiment on the computer and used Papertrey Ink mat stack dies to frame it and inked the edge of the top frame with white ink


and I cut a row of hearts with the PTI heart border die to separate the two patterns


and a bought dress sticker finished it off. 



Whew!!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x



3 comments:

  1. A very fun card Carol and that paper is perfect--very girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a big and fun card. I think you did a great job with that big canvas, and used that fun paper perfectly. That dress sticker was the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you did a bang-up job, Carol, with all the patterns and making a big card. It is super cute!! I love that you even made your own patterned paper! Remember when we used to do that back in the day?! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I would really appreciate it if you could find time to leave a comment before you leave.

Thanks,
Carol x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...