Tuesday 16 July 2013

Silhouette Cameo Christmas Wreath Card



Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to Bev at Happy Dance, who is a new follower this week. I hope you find something to interest you here.

We've reached Day 7 at the Summer Card Camp and today was all about heat embossing. Amber showed a way to do a kind of ombre embossing and I thought I'd have a go using template one and the colours for this week, (cream, brown, 2 shades of green) but adding a splash of red instead of the blue because I wanted to make a Christmas card.  I used my Cameo to make a 5.5 inch circle card, and then cut a smaller circle in a gorgeous brown patterned paper that has a lovely glow to it, and I inked the edges with distress inks before applying it to the card.


I then cut out a wreath shape that I got from the Silhouette Store, plus lots of little fern shapes in two shades of green, which I then built up into an evergreen wreath. I punched a few red circles for berries to dot around. Amber used different shades of embossing powder on her card but as I only have white and clear embossing powder, I had to improvise. I wanted to stamp the sentiment on vellum so I used versamark ink first, then added kraft coloured ink, and finally added dark brown ink, then stamped and quickly added the clear embossing powder and heated from below so I didn't scorch the vellum. 



I scored and folded the vellum into a banner shape, cut a couple of v's on the ends, and added a couple of holly sprigs to finish off. I was inspired by one of Carole's cards yesterday to use my Cameo for Camp, and I really enjoyed playing today.

I'm going to enter this card into Sparkle Creations challenge to use embossing.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

9 comments:

TLady said...

WOW!!!!!!! SOOOO PRETTY!!!!!!:)

Nora Noll said...

This came out SO COOL!!! LOVE the background you created with that technique!!

Ruth G said...

Great improvisation! The ombre turned out really wonderful! I don't have many colors of embossing powder either, so I'll have to keep this in mind!

Joyce said...

This is so pretty. I love your cut wreath and your vellum banner.

La Papera Gialla said...

This wreath is gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
Monica - CCC DT

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this wreath Carol!

Rachel said...

wow-this is very pretty!

Sabrina said...

Beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at CCC #33. :)

Jenn said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful, I love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...