Monday 16 September 2013

Wedding invitations

Hello everyone,

I hope you had a good weekend and are all geared up for the week ahead. I am enjoying the last few days of my fifties before my I turn 60 this week, and I am looking forward to celebrations/commiserations with my family and friends.

The challenge over at Curtain Call this week is Sunflower Surprise



and I want to share some wedding invitations I made recently for some good friends of my daughter who were getting married. They wanted a sunflower theme in blue and yellow and needed 100 of them! In case you are interested in trying mass production, I'll outline the steps I took, but if not, just scroll through. As I had never made so many cards of one design before, I set up a a kind of production line with all the components before assembling them together, 20 at a time.



I kept the design simple with Papertrey Ink 'Fancy Flourishes' stamped randomly onto yellow card with Dandelion Memento ink, and I found a lovely flourishy invitation stamp at Waltzing Mouse Stamps (Big Day Essentials)that coordinated beautifully. I needed 100 die cut sunflowers along with their centres, but could not face manually cutting such a large number, so I die cut the shapes in black card, scanned them into the computer, and after importing them into the Silhouette software, I was able to cut them out on my Cameo. Once I had them cut out, I stamped the sunflower with the Dandelion ink and the centres with Blue Danube ink and the Papertrey Ink Simple Sunflower stamps. I stuck them together, curled the edges a little and added some glitter for some sparkle.



This was the result when it was all assembled, with the word panel scored a few times to add interest and a little gem popped on the 'o'


and this is the same one but for the evening invitations


I cut some small sunflowers to put on the back of the invitations


like this



I also decorated the envelopes with a stamp from Simon Says Stamp 'Envelope Sentiments' and tied batches of them together with blue ribbon. 



Here they are all packed up and ready for collection.



I also made the table names and place-cards for the tables, with, you guessed it, little sunflowers! This time they were really tiny and I shaped them to give some dimension


For these, I used the same technique of scanning and importing into the Silhouette software so I could cut them on my Cameo. The stamp is another one from Papertrey Ink, this time the 'Places Please Stamp Set'. I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of making these, especially as I really like the couple but I would caution that it is not for the faint hearted. I learned such a lot as I went along, the major thing being to make sure you have enough materials before you start. I kept running out of the yellow card, and as it wasn't available locally I had to wait for mail order which held things up a bit. Nevertheless, I would encourage anyone to have a go - I got great satisfaction from seeing them all packed up and ready to go.

Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Carol x


17 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

oh my goodness, Carol! these are amazing! so glad you could share them with us at the Curtain Call!

Irene said...

Carol, you wedding creations are amazing, so personal and beautiful.
luv
irene
xxxx

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol they turned out so fantastic! I just love them and your post with your process is fantastic! They must be so happy with them, a beautiful and handmade touch. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

Alanna said...

Wow, what a large project but they turned out so lovely. All the details on them are just perfect.

Happy Dance said...

These are amazing! Love the blues and yellows; so beautiful and happy together. I don't think I could make 100 invitations, let alone the envelopes and place cards. You are one fantastic friend. Gorgeous. Bev

Happy Dance said...

P.S. Thank you too, for the kind birthday wishes. It's been a great birthday!
Bev

Sophie Slim said...

Thanks for coming by my blog! What beautiful cards, definitely a professional finish! And love the matching place cards!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Carol well done you, these are fabulous! You have done yourself proud, I have made wedding invitations a few times for different people and no matter how easy you think you've made the design, it takes up some hours! I bet they were delighted ;)

Have a very special day on your special birthday! :)

Hugs
Vicki x

Sammy said...

Wow! That's an impressive project! The result is really lovely, and I especially love the stamp on the envelope touch. That just makes it even more special! x

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, Carol! I stand in awe! NO! I bow down LOL What a beautiful gift to bring your daughter's friends - a customized invitation like this - with so much love put into it, Carol. Just beautiful. Thank you for showing how you organized things and put them together. And Congratulations on attaining your big SIX-O birthday! May you enjoy many more happy and healthy years. Carol, thank you for your recent visit to my blog and leaving such a sweet comment - that was so nice of you! I'll be celebrating (not commiserating) with you! hugs, de

Joyce said...

These are absolutely gorgeous. So many sweet touches. This has got to be a huge labor of love--so many wonderful sunflowers. And, congratulations on your upcoming birthday. You do know that 60 is the new 40 (at least in California).

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh Carol! What a beautiful set of wedding projects and invitations . It looks like it might have been fun to make. Beautiful work!
One of my best friends just turned 60 too.
I hope you have a wonderful Birthday! A very Happy 60th to you! I like what Joyce said, lets go with that! Then it's like I'm in my thirties ! Lol.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

These invitations are gorgeous! Simple yet very elegant. You did a wonderful job creating and putting them together. Have a wonderful birthday!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, wow, these are fabulous, Carol! Absolutely gorgeous!

Linby said...

absolutely beautiful and so professional.I wouldn't dare attempt mass production, tried it once and hated it!
Linbyx

Darnell said...

Good heavens, woman, I hope they paid you well. What a tremendous amount of work and beautiful execution!! These are quite possibly the happiest wedding invites I have ever seen! I hope you had a fantastic birthday! You are going to love the sixth decade, honest!! Hugs, Darnell

Martha said...

Wow! Fabulous production! and the sunflowers are so pretty! Love the style of your cards- neat, clean, crisp...

thank you for visiting my blog. will be happy to come back here to admire some of your cards x

Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...