Sunday 15 June 2014

Clearly Besotted card with Dandelion Dreams stamps



Hello everyone,

I hope you and your families are enjoying Father's Day if you are celebrating it in your part of the world. We have the family coming round later supposedly for a barbeque but the weather isn't looking promising at the moment so we'll have to see.

Today I want to share a card I made for my blogging friend Darnell and for the Clearly Besotted challenge


This will be my first time playing along and I have had some of Steph's lovely stamps for a while but most haven't seen ink yet so I thought I'd put that right.

For my card today I used the 


Dandelion Dreams set, and I was about to stamp a flower when I saw that the highlighted stamp reminded me of a butterfly wing. So I used the back of the stamp twice to create the butterfly background


and then overstamped with the front of the stamp to create the fancy part of the butterfly.


Then all  I had to do was add the body of the butterfly with a marker.



I used both inks to stamp the sentiment, used the PTI canvas impression plate to add a little texture, and a few flower sequins finished it off.

I mentioned that this is for my blogging friend Darnell  who is having a challenge to mark the occasion of getting her 500th  follower, and I made this card to celebrate her encouragement and support. Many Congratulations Darnell! If you haven't found Darnell's blog yet, I recommend that you scoot over there and be cheered up because she always raises a smile, if not an outright belly laugh with her entertaining posts. She also makes great cards!!!


This challenge asks  that we use NBUS on a card and this stamp set had not been used before, although I think it will not be neglected again!

I'd also like to enter this into the 

Addicted to Stamps and More!


Before I go, I just couldn't resist re showing  this card which I made a while ago with  CB stamps, simply because it is one of my favourites and shows how great the stamps are.


Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

22 comments:

Susan said...

Lovely card and a great idea to use that stamp as a butterfly

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Carol:) huggles Sue xxx

Alanna said...

What an awesome idea to create that butterfly. Just brilliant.

Tracey McNeely said...

Hey Carol how brilliant to use this set to make a butterfly! The basket of butterflies also very cute!

sandie said...

this is just so clever and creative, what a great way to use these stamps. So pleased you shared it with us at ATSM

Sarah said...

Thanks ever so for your kind comment Carol, I have been browsing your lovely work, you may just convert me to CAS you know!! I'm following to keep an eye on what you get up to!! xx

Carola said...

Hi Carol

These are two gorgeous cards! The idea to use one stamp of the Dandelion set to create a butterfly is just great and the colours you used are wonderful! And the card with the bike is also very pretty in those beautiful colours.

Darnell said...

Ooooh, that's it, I'm defeated! I just came from another blog featuring Clearly Besotted stamps and I've seem them lauded often throughout Blogland. I must give in and buy some for myself since they are so fab!! Both of these cards are precious and done in your precise style of clean execution! What you did with that flower stamp in making this breathtaking butterfly is just genius, Carol! That ombre colored sediment and the use of the sequins and impression plate serve to balance and round out your butterfly perfectly! I know I say it often, but you have such a keen eye for design ~ challenge owners take note!!

Thank you for your kind words and for joining in my NBUS Challenge, posting my button, and spreading the word! I appreciate your support and encourage very much!! I hope you were able to have that BBQ! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful card! I love how you used the flower to make the butterfly and it makes a gorgeous one. Your second card is so pretty too.

Shona Chambers said...

Turning a flower stamp into a butterfly.....genius!! Your card is beautiful and love the paper the butterfly is stamped on. And your other card is so gorgeous. I love aqua and pink. You did a brilliant job with those teeny tiny butterflies and it was another genius idea to make some of them 3D. Fabulous!

Sherrie M. said...

Wow Carol! So clever to turn that flower into a butterfly. You created such a pretty card!

Karen Hasheck said...

What a pretty card for the NBUS challenge! I have a whole pile of NBUS too and so I joined this fun challenge. I am now a follower of your blog and would love it if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

Joyce said...

Fabulous card, and so creative to use that flower stamp as a butterfly. I just received my very first Clearly Besotted stamp set, and cannot wait to try it out.

shirley-bee said...

So so clever to make a butterfly from that flower! Love the bicycle card too!

Deepti said...

Now that's brilliance, beautiful butterfly :) thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Deborah Frings said...

I really like the way you made this gorgeous butterfly! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Stephanie said...

Wow, I am speechless. The butterfly looks beautiful! Very clever :) Thank you so much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge x

Viv said...

Two fabulous cards Carol, think I might need those CB stamps now too....darn it :) Viv xx

Anonymous said...

What a clever use of the stamp! You should submit it to a magazine. Really nice card overall -- I like the variegated ink on the sentiment too.

Carola said...

Hi Carol

As I so much loved your idea to use the dandelion stamp set to create a butterfly, I copied this idea and made a card of my own. You can find it on my blog. I put a link to your card and mentioned that I took the idea from you. I really hope you are okay with this.

Kind regards
Carola

Cindy Groh said...

Hi, I saw your card on Pinterest and did your idea of stamping the back of the stamp. Then doing the stamping the layer on top of it. My brain is looking at my stamp sets in a whole different way.
Thank you for the inspiration-7 years later is kind of funny.

Cindy Groh said...

I forgot to ask if I can link to this blog post on my blog post using this technique?
I think maybe 5 people a day look at my blog but I still want to give you the credit.
Plus I want them to just look at your blog. Thank you, Best wishes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...