Tuesday 1 July 2014

Happy Birthday Darnell!!!

Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to Jo of My Crafting Corner who is joining us as a new follower this week. Jo is on several design teams and shares lots of crafts including cards, jewelry and home decor, so a visit to her blog will leave you with lots of inspiration.

I'm sorry I've not been round  for a while but we went away last week and although I scheduled a few posts while I was away, I didn't get round to visiting. We had a lovely time in Northumberland and Scotland, and the weather was very kind to us, but  I was really pleased to get back into my craft room today to make birthday card for my bloggy friend Darnell. I'm really sorry Darnell but my real card will be late arriving because of my holiday but I hope this one will tide you over until then.



Darnell will be pleased that I inked up some NBUS for this card - Summer Sweetness from Papertrey Ink. I think you call these popsicles in the US but to us Brits they will always be ice lollies, and I gave Darnell 3 to keep her cool in the hot summer sun. I cut the panel with one of the Custom Dies from Avery Elle (NBUS)  and embossed the Paper Smooches Happy Birthday sentiment with white EP.

I'd like to enter this into the

Addicted to Stamps and More!
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - anything goes



Seize the Birthday Challenge - anything goes



Addicted to CAS - 'Sun' and ice lollies are made for sunny days!


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day Darnell.

Hugs
Carol x

22 comments:

Benzi said...

How adorable and refreshing is your card.Popsicles or ice lollies...they are all great for a hot day like I'm having today (closing in on 100 degrees. It hasn't made it yet, but the high 90's and we are getting there. I love reading the differences in our words.

Nana said...

WOW Carol this is one stunning card. Love the contrast in colors and the ice cream bars are too cute. Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Isbaha said...

Love the way you added your sentiment in the chevron cut! Gorgeous card.

OttawaMom said...

A super 'sweet' card - perfect for a summer birthday! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Darnell said...

Thank you so much, Carol!! I love ice lollies, especially in all these awesome colors and especially since yesterday it was 105 degrees where I am!!! Your design is fabulous with your embossed sediment nestled in the valley like that! I love it! You are very sweet to dedicate a post to me and NBUS!! Mwah!! Darnell

Sarah said...

What a great card Carol love the gorgeous colours xx

Anonymous said...

Deliciously zesty colours, love it. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

Sue said...

Love this card Carol such gorgeous bright colours! Wonder if you passed me on your way up North lol ..I love Northumberland and Scotland some gorgeous places to visit hope you had a lovely time there ..huggles Sue xxxx

Linby said...

Lovely summery card.
Linby x

Kristie Goulet said...

Love this summery card!!

Happy Dance said...

Perfect card for Darnell's birthday! With the unrelenting heat she's been having out in California, these 'ice lollies' are just the thing for her! Great colors, great design, great card! So glad you were able to party along with us! Bev

Deepti said...

Love the summery card u created with the yummy Popsicle, thank you for sharing with ATSM and ATCAS!

maria f. said...

Definitely summery and perfect for a party at the playhouse!

Patti said...

Totally fantastic! I just love this design : ) Way to use your NBUS!!
Patti

Loll said...

Hi Carol. Such a fun, colorful and happy card! Those "ice lollies" look delicious and perfect for a hot, sunny day! :) Love the design of your card with the recessed birthday sentiment - so fun! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Janet's Joy said...

What a sweet treat card!! Perfect for summer.
So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

Danielle Vincent said...

Those popsicles would have come in handy here today with the nearly 90 degrees. Such a fun card. Love your bright colors and design, Thanks so much for sharing with us at ATSM.

aussie aNNie said...

Super card with the popsicles they look delish....xxx
♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

aussie aNNie said...

I have just joined as a follower of your blog Carol, awesome goodies to see here.xx
♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

Jaydee said...

Nothing says sunny day like melting popsicles! You captured the sentiment perfectly.
So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card and perfect for a summer birthday...!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun & fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...