Friday 1 August 2014

Silhouette Cameo Christmas Card

Hello everyone,

It's Friday, and the start of another weekend, so I hope you have something fun planned. We are having a family get together tomorrow night and I'm looking forward to that, but I'm hoping to get some crafty time in too and also try to get round to see what you've all been up to while I have been taking a rest.

I'm a bit sad today because this is my last post for Silhouette Challenges DT, but I have really enjoyed my time with them and would like to thank Nana for her kindness and superb organisation of the challenges. I learned so much about my Cameo and feel tons more confident with using it. I mean who would have thought that I would ever try glass etching???? So without more ado


It's the time for another challenge over at


Ch# 16 "Create a Shadow using the Offset Feature"
Begins: Friday, August 1
Ends: Sunday, August 31

A blog dedicated to the Silhouette Cutting Machines.
You MUST use a Silhouette somehow in your project.

Sponsor this month is:


Silhouette 25-Pack Chipboard



I decided to make another Christmas card and as this challenge was to use the offset feature of the Cameo, I took a wreath image from the store, offset it and cut that to be a physical shadow or mat for the wreath. I cut the shadow in white so it would highlight the wreath, and then die cut lots of little hearts rather than using berries.




I also used a door image from the store to hang the wreath on. I stamped and embossed the word 'Be' on the lower door panel and then added a PTI die cut of the word 'merry'.



I used 2 different bows cut from images from the store and then layered them up, before painting some glossy accents onto it, and the hearts to add a little shine. It looked a little stark somehow, when I had finished, so I added a couple of die cut banner tails to the top of the wreath which gave the card a more finished look. 


Head in over to see what the DT has created for you inspiration and link up today.
Click HERE

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Hugs
Carol x

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow Carol, what a fabulous card. LOVE the red white and green!! xx

Benzi said...

Carol, this is just beautiful. I'm sure you will be missed as a DT member. You always make the most beautiful card/projects. Hope you're feel MUCH better and have
a good weekend.

Darnell said...

Really stunning, Carol!! If I ever get a Cameo, I know who I'll be going to for mentoring! Your work is brilliant! Have a great weekend and enjoy your family get-together! Hugs, Darnell

Irene said...

Hello Carol

A stunning Christmas card, the wreath is brilliant. Carol, I love your work and you will be a BIG miss on the design team.
Enjoy your family get-together.

luv
irene
xxxx

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Carol, Thank you so much for your wonderful visit to my blog! I absolutely love what you did with your Silhouette to make this beautiful and creative Christmas card!

Sharon Fritchman said...

P.S. I am now a follower of your amazing blog!!!!

Kim. said...

What a brilliant idea Carol, love the wreath and the little heart lovely.
Kim x

Joyce said...

This is wonderful. Such an elegant red door.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...