Sunday 16 November 2014

40th Wedding Anniversary Card

Hello everyone,

I think I mentioned a little while ago that my husband and I would be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary today, and that I would be scheduling a number of posts this month because we are away a lot, and this is one of them. I thought that I would share the card I made for my kind and patient other half and as it is a 40th Anniversary, I had to use a ruby colour, so my favourite Papertrey Ink Scarlet Jewel card and ink came to the rescue!


The cute main image is from a stamp I have had for years, but I can't tell you what it is because a while ago I removed all my wood backed rubber stamps from their bases and then promptly lost the list I made saying what they are! If any of you can help with identifying it, I would be very grateful.
The dies are from My Favorite Things Blueprints 3 set and the other stamps are from Papertrey Ink With all my Heart set. I added some silvery sparkle to the moon, but it doesn't show up well on the picture. It makes me think of the song - "By the light, of the silvery moon, I love to spoon, with my honey ......etc". But that will be showing my age again I suppose!

Short and sweet today but I should get back to normal at the end of next week.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges





Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

17 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is just super cute and a wonderful fresh design. Love the little heart.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sue said...

Fab card and Happy Anniversary! lots of huggles Sue xx

Liz said...

That is definitely a House Mouse stamp.

Benzi said...

Happy Anniversary to you two. This image is just darling and I love the ruby color. Enjoy your time away.

Jo said...

Gorgeous......fab design & love the colour....happy anniversary to you both!
hugs Jo x

Shirley-Anne said...

Congratulations , jubilations and celebrations for your Anniversary. And what an amazing card made to record the event . Love the image and design .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Joyce said...

Happy 40th anniversary. This is a darling card, and I just love that cute little image.

Darnell said...

Happy 40th Anniversary to you and John, Carol, and many, many more!! Your ruby card for him is so beautiful! I love using that sweet image for an anniversary card, but I've never made one this breathtaking!! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

PS I'm off to bed now, but I'll see what the stamp markings are tomorrow when I go out to the Playhouse and I'll let you know.

Sarah said...

What a wonderful card!! Great monochrome look xx

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love that image and your mono look. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Diane said...

What an adorable and at the same time elegant card.....so cute and so perfect for your anniversary...(I know the song, too...so I am right there with you....lol)...hope yu have/had a wonderful anniversary!!
Thank you for joining us at "Fussy and Fancy" for our "Two of a Kind/Pairs" challenge.
Diane FAF DT

Darnell said...

The stamp is "Together Under Moon." Liz is right, it is a House-Mouse Design (1999) by Stampa Rosa.

Alex H. said...

A really wonderful card, I like that you only used two colours! Thanks for joining us at SG challenge!
;-) Alex H.

Jayne said...

Love the clean and simple design.......it's so classy (and cute!). Thanks for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon this week.

Inkypinkydelights said...

Lovely creation! Delighted to see you sharing at Fussy & Fancy and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at Fussy and Fancy!

Happy crafting!

- Millazin, F&F DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...