Sunday 17 May 2015

Papertrey Ink Candy Cane Christmas card


Hello everyone and a very warm welcome to Charlene who is a recent new follower. Char is a talented mixed media card maker and has experience of being on many design teams. Her cards are really bright and creative, and I encourage you to pop over to say hello and get some inspiration from her.

Well it is time for this week's challenge over at Christmas Card Challenges  and this time we have a lovely Candy Cane photo to inspire you.

I came up with this card using non traditional Christmas colours



I stuck to one stamp set for my card - Candy Cane Christmas from Papertrey Ink. I used a piece of paper to mask off my canes as I stamped the border on a stitched panel cut with a My Favorite Things Blueprints 23 die. I stamped the circle onto the panel and added a sentiment from the set which I stamped and embossed with red embossing powder. Then I stamped the circle again on another piece of card and cut it out with a circle punch before cutting it in two and decoupaging it over the flat circle to give some dimension.

.

I cut the scalloped edge with another die from the set and added a strip of red card to help the panel pop, before finishing it off with a couple of enamel dots.

Why not hop over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see what inspiration the team has come up with and join with us this week. Remember that the photo is just for inspiration and if you don't want to use candy canes you can make any type of Christmas card and link it up. The important thing is to have fun and start to build up your Christmas card stash.


I'd like to play along with

Completely Christmas - anything goes with a twist of card for a child and all children love candy don't they?

Holly Jolly Christmas - CAS

Christmas at Sweet Stampin - cute


Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Carol x

12 comments:

Sarah said...

You've done it again Carol!! This is really eye catching, love the colours you have chosen and the layout is brilliant xx

Alanna said...

What a fun card Carol. I love the bright colors!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is terrific Carol! I love all those colourful candy canes! A fantastic layout too. Thank you for your visit to my blog today and for your sweet comment! Pleased to find your blog and be your latest follower! Have a great week! Hazel xx

Gail said...

This is adorable. I love the way you stamped the candy canes on this card and how you put your sentiment on this CAS card is perfect. GREAT card and very cute! Thanks for joining us for our "Cute Christmas Card" challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Hugs, Gail

Nora Noll said...

Oh my!! I LOVE this!!! You rocked the candy canes!! Makes me want to get that set now (and I don't need another Christmas set!!) Really like the colors you used and the way you stamped the sentiment. Fabulous design!!

Nora Noll said...

Just went over to PTI to look up that stamp. I have it!! I think I am going to have to CASE your card at some point!! Onto Pinterest it goes!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super CUTE!!

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

Carol, LOVE this card! Ha ha heading over to buy that candy cane stamp! ;)

*Vicki* said...

Carol, this is really gorgeous!! Love the variation of colors to make this a non-traditional Christmas design!! I love it!! :)

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Carol
Love the candy cane image repeated as you have done .Love the colours you chose for the card .So clearly I love the card . I do .
hugs Shirley-Anne

N-Eva said...

So gorgeous!Thank you for sharing your wonderful project at Holly Jolly Christmas challenge. Good luck . Neva

Linda Anderson said...

How absolutely gorgeous! Such a wonderfully festive card. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us for our CAS challenge at Holly Jolly Christmas.

Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...