Thursday 17 September 2015

Papertrey Ink Ruby Wedding Card - 40th Wedding Anniversary card



Hello everyone,

I think my craft mojo is still on holiday but as I had to make a 40th Anniversary card for some dear friends, I came up with this one:-




I used some Sue Wilson Noble Classic dies for the die cut and debossed frame, and Papertrey Ink Limitless Layers Heart dies for the focal panel. The heart and flowers were stamped with PTI 'With All My Heart' stamps and the sentiment is PTI Think Big Favorites #24



I love multi step stamps like this which allow you to build up the design with different colours, and I have to say that this is my go to stamp set for anniversary cards. The Scarlet Jewel card and ink is also perfect for a 'ruby' anniversary. I used some very old but NBUS glitter glaze on the leaves, but I have to say I prefer my Wink of Stella brush pen. The glitter glaze had to be put on with a paint brush and I foolishly thought it would wash out - turns out I now need a new paint brush!

I'd like to play along with 









Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Papertrey Ink Create Along With Us 
I was inspired by the colours Lizzie used in this card 

Create-along-with-us-heading


Thanks for stopping by


Hugs
Carol x




11 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, such gorgeous colours Carol (my bridesmaids dresses and all the flowers were deep burgundy!!) and a fabulous design xx

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous ruby color I love those flowers and sentiment! Mojo or no, this is a beautiful card, Carol! Sorry to hear about the paint brush : (

MaryH said...

No, I think your MoJo is RIGHT THERE with you! Love this rich look on the SW Noble die...and the delicate lattice of the pretty heart. Both show so wonderfully done in this deep burgundy color. The flowers look splendid over that heart, and the card is just lovely, lovely. TFS & Hugs.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a great card this is!!!!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful! Absolutely love the colors in this card...very elegant! :0)

Unknown said...

Wow!!! I think your mojo is back. I think this card is fabulous. I love the dies you used and the color scheme is really lovely.
Really great card!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...love the colors.

Carol L said...

What a stunning anniversary card! I love the colors, the beautiful die and embossing, and the sentiment looks fabulous too! I can see why this is your favorite go-to anniversary set! It's gorgeous!

Nora Noll said...

How did I miss this card? It is so beautiful!! I love the rich colors you used and the way you framed it is so pretty. FABULOUS card!!!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Carol, so crisp and elegant.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Caryn said...

Amazing card Carol - love the colours, so pretty.
Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...