Friday 19 August 2016

Papertrey Ink and MFT Graduation card




Hello everyone,

Recently, my posts have been scheduled, first because I was away and then because I had to empty my craftroom for decorating. I was dreading doing this and had been putting it off for ages, but the carpet was worn down to the floor around my desk and I couldn't put it off any longer. My amazing family helped me with all the work and I am now putting the last things back into place. I've been asked to show some piccies, and once I have my new computer up and running, I'll have a go at that. I haven't been around your blogs for a while but I hope to remedy that next week and see what everyone has been up to.

Well we are ready for a new challenge over at Simply Create Too and this time the theme is feathers. Sadly, our lovely challenge organiser Angie has  just lost her much loved Boxer, Bleu, who died yesterday, so the challenge post will be a bit late this time.


Simply Create Too Challenge Blog


I came up with this card


I used an old Papertrey Ink stamp that had a feather in it and made a graduation card, but in all my chaos, I couldn't find the details, so if you want to know more, please send an email and I'll find out for you. I used a die from one of the MFT Blueprints set to cut out the panel, and a stitching die made the borders more interesting. I glittered the feather spines and they look lovely in real life!


Why not visit the blog to see lots of inspiration from the team, and join in with us this time.


I'd like to play along with




Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Carol x



16 comments:

Carole said...

Hi Carol. Pretty card...those feathers are so fine! Love your design and your colour choice. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your craft room!

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

This is a beautiful card. Truly inspirational!

Marybeth said...

Very beautiful Carol! How fun to be decorating your craft room ,I e been busy cleaning mine out:)

Sarah said...

Sounds like you have been very busy and I am certain the chaos will have been worth it!! This is such a lovely card, those colours work perfectly together xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, such an elegant design.
Pauline
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a pretty colour combo and design, those feathers look gorgeous. I expect you are really excited to get into your new room, looking forward to pics when you can.
Lorraine

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Carol great design and colours

Anne

Diane said...

What a really lovely design Carol.

Hugs Diane

Pat said...

The feathers look lovely with the glitter down the spines Carol and such pretty colours too. The cross stitched border either side frames it beautifully too. The most perfect graduation card. x

Anita in France said...

Dreamy and delicious, Carol ... such a gorgeous sense of movement ... and I love the shimmery spines on those feathers ... so perfect with that sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Sybrina K said...

Carol, What a perfect graduation card for a guy or gal -- even with those touches of glitter. And, this is a great card for our Single Step W2CB Challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

Erica said...

The feathers are flowing so beautifully and I love the border.

Desire Fourie said...

Carol this is just so gorgeous. Adore the pink and aqua.
This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fabulous layout and card - Thanks for joining in at Mod Squad!

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful card!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! I LOVE this card!! The sentiment is amazing and the way the feathers are stamped with those colors-just too pretty!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...