Monday 20 February 2017

Papertrey Ink Love Lives Here new home card



Helle everyone,

I hope you had a good weekend and are refreshed and ready for another week on the merry go land of life. I'm continuing with the celebrations over at Papertrey Ink and we've reached 

2010

so I pulled out a set that I loved when it came out in 2010 called Love Lives Here, and used my favourite pink, aqua and lilac colour combo.





1) Die cut a stitched rectangle and stamp 2 of the houses near the top in green and lilac ink.

2)  Stamp the love lives here sentiment in green ink and then snip the happy from the new home sentiment from Keep it Simple: Home stamp set with a little scissor surgery, and stamp over two lines in pink and lilac ink.

3) Emboss the panel with the PTI Canvas and Linin Impression Plate to give some texture.

4) Die cut a house from pink card and stamp one of the houses in white ink. Die cut 3 more houses from scrap card and stack them beneath the pink one to give some dimension, and stick it in the centre of the 2 stamped houses.

5) Now promise not to laugh at the next bit, but it is about as shabby chic as I can get, in homage to Melissa Phillips who designed the set and is the shabby chic Queen lol! I took a rectangle of white card to use as a mat and tore the edges with a tearing ruler before lightly inking the edges with pink ink. Well I think it is a bit shabby!

6) Finish off by adding 3 little hearts and adhering the panel to the base card, raising it on fun foam.



10 comments:

Sarah said...

Perfect for a new home Carol, love the colours xx

Barb said...

A really beautiful New Home card Carol and I love the pretty colours. Barbxx

Nora Noll said...

Oh I am in love!! I have this set and need to pull it out. I LOVE how you used it!!

Ros Crawford said...

I always loved that set and your card is beautiful!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful card, Carol! I love your multiple colored sentiment, and those houses are wonderful in those colors!

Kim Heggins said...

Adorable card...love your soft sweet pastels for you houses.

Darnell said...

You've really been rocking the PTI makes, Carol! This one is incredible and even with all the elements, you've kept it crisp and clean!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Linby said...

Beautifully put together and so CAS - love it.

Joyce said...

This is so very sweet, Carol. I really love that set, and it is fun to see it in use. Fun colors.

Nonni said...

This is so cute! I especially love the way you used color, repeating the color of the middle house in the frame. Really makes that house pop and centers your eyes to the middle of the card, great design!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...