Hello everyone and welcome to Challenge #124 over at Simply Create Too where we have a Love theme in honour of the upcoming Valentine's day
I decided to make a CAS card with a bit of sparkle
1) Take a piece of white card and brush on 2 shades of Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens (Berry and Apricot), then blend the colours together with water and a flat brush. I used a red and orange pen because I think the touch of orange adds some interest.
2) Once the card is dry, cut the Simon Says Stamp Heart Parade Die from it and retain the centre heart strip.
3) This clever die cuts an outline too, so cut it again using silver holographic card.
4) Cut a thin strip of card and apply double sided tape to it before attaching the silver outline. Then inlay the hearts to the outline.
5) Die cut some black card with a stitched rectangle die, and stamp and emboss the sentiment from SSS Handwritten Borders along the bottom with silver detail embossing powder. ( Note to self - if you use an anti static powder tool on the black card, don't forget to dust off the powder before taking a photograph - duh!) I've had this border set for a couple of years but not used it so it is officially NBUS!
6)Attach the heart strip to the black card, raise the panel onto the base card with fun foam, and finish off by adding a gem to the largest heart.
The Spectrum Noir pens add a lot of sparkle and the bonus is that it doesn't rub off like glitter! My talented Teamies have lots of inspiration to show you on the SCT blog, and you have two weeks to join in with us on the challenge. I can't wait to see what you all come up with.
I'd like to play along with
Darnell's NBUS challenge - use NBUS
Craft Rocket Challenge - It's a love thing
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - the colour of love
Retro Rubber Challenge - Cross my Heart
Thanks for stopping by.