Thursday 31 May 2018

Inkadinkado Humorous birthday card




Yay, it's time for another challenge over at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge, and this time we are hoping to bring a smile to your face.




Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!


I pulled out a very old stamp set from my stash and came up with this CAS design for my friend who loves tortoises.




1) Die cut two of the Stitches Arch Stax dies from My Favorite Things out of white card.

2) Stamp the tortoise and greeting from the Inkadinkado Humorous Birthday stamp set in permanent black ink onto the smaller arch.

3) Once it is dry, colour the tortoise with Zig watercolour brush pens and add a shadow underneath.

4) Emboss the arch with the Papertrey Ink Canvas Impression Plate.

5) Watercolour the edges of the larger arch with the same blue colour used on the tortoise and use it as a mat.


6) Finish off by attaching the arches to the base card and stamp Happy Birthday from the Happy Little Stampers Doodled Flowers stamp set - I love that font!

Why not click over to the HLS blog to see what the team have to show you, and then create a card to bring a smile to someone who needs one.

I'd like to play at a couple of great challenges that have big birthday celebrations going on


AAA cards #116 - 4th-year birthday bash




Casual Fridays Challenge #200 - 8th-year birthday celebration



and
Creative Moments Challenge #144 - anything goes with an animal



Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

17 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute!! I LOVE the sentiment you used. I think I have this set somewhere and now you make me want to dig it out!! Fabulous card.

Sue said...

Such a cute image Carol and great sentiment too! love this card huggles Sue xx

Jules said...

Tee hee Carol!!!

Your card really made me smile. Love that cute little character and the fabby sentiment.

Have a good weekend when it arrives.

Love Jules xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute card design.

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, such a sweet image and great sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sarah said...

What a cute little fella!! I love the sentiment too Carol, such a great card xx

Ros Crawford said...

Haha!! This made me laugh... Terrific card for the challenge!

ionabunny said...

Bright and fun. Hugz

Kara Lynne said...

Well said, Mr. turtle! He certainly brought a smile to my face!

MaryH said...

HOw cute! Love this sweet little turtle, and the half-circle presentation of his little self was just the perfect die to show him off. The sky blue mat is a nice spot of color to draw the eye into the frame. Somebody is going to smile very big when they open this card and read the sentiment. TFS & Hugs (and thanks for your recent visit and sweet comment too!)

BożenA said...

Love love love! This card makes me smile. Both colors and layout look great. I love the colorful frame of the bow in the color correlating with the colors of the turtle. I really love this card :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

Ina G said...

Oh Carol I sooooooooooo love this wee turtle - cute and colourful. Fabulous cas style and awesome dies.

Craft-E-Place said...

Super fun card, brilliant sentiment! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards

Sue - said...

Cute tortoise!

Tracie Pond said...

Such a cute turtle. Thank you for playing with AAA Cards for our 4th birthday challenge. =) Tracie

Marjeta said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments.

Macimbalo said...

This is adorable! I love how you colored it too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...