Wednesday 6 June 2018

Art Impressions and Christina Griffiths hexagon flowerpot get well card



Hello there and I hope you have enjoyed this bright, sunny day. At least I hope it has been sunny where you are! I'm here to share another challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More, and this time we have a photo to inspire you.



Sadly, I don't have any succulents stamps, so I went with flowers for my pot, and I loved stamping each little flower separately.








1) Die cut a medium stitched hexagon from the Fancy Nesting Hexagons by Christina Griffiths in white card. Then cut the largest die in green card and run it through again with the scroll pattern cut in die.

2) Stamp the pot from the Art Impressions Watercolour stamp set and then stamp it again on a post-it note and cut it out to use as a mask.

3) Colour the pot with Zig Clear Colour Brush pens and then mask it off while you stamp the flowers and foliage. I used a variety of leaves and flowers and stamped them using my Ziggies directly to the stamps until I had a pot of flowers that pleased me, and I then removed the mask.

4) Place the green hexagon on the base card and raise the flower panel onto it using fun foam.


5) Finish off by embossing the greeting from PTI Fillable Frames #10 in white EP, and cut it into a half banner shape.

Those Art Impressions stamps have been languishing in my stash for far too long, and I really enjoyed using them so you may see them pop up again soon.

There's lots of inspiration over on the ATSM blog, and I can't wait to see how you will be inspired by the photo.

I'd love to play at

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - All things bright and beautiful.

Penny Black and More June Challenge  - in the garden.

As You Like It challenge - Flora or Fauna and why. I chose flora because I had not used these stamps for ages and rediscovered how much fun they are to stamp.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x


14 comments:

Julie B said...

Fab stamping with those tiny stems and blooms Carol. The frame works really well too. :)

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, you have created a lovely image and your die cut frame is fabulous.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

maria f. said...

Love everything about this. All the white. That touch of soothing green. Your beautiful coloring. And that it is a get well card is perfect, it will certainly cheer someone up.

Verna Angerhofer said...

A gorgeous card design with that hexagon die and the colors on the flowers are awesome too.

Sarah said...

Oh my word what a beauty. Those diddy blooms must have taken ages, but well worth it xx

Monika Reeck said...

Love the color of your pot
looks so real and the flower really beautiful colorfull
sweet Get Well soon card
See you around Carol
hugs from teamie
Monika

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card Carol. Love the die you used and your flowers so beautifully coloured. Great blending on your pot too.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

What a sweet take on the inspirational photo, Carol! The flowers are simply gorgeous.

Ros Crawford said...

This is breathtaking! Love the design and those little flowers are gorgeous...

Macarena said...

Oh, this is so optimistic and healing. Impossible not to be better by getting this card. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Bobby said...

Your little pot of flowers is so cute, Carol. The fancy green border encircling it draws the eye in.

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Wowser! I love how you stamped the flowers and the colours you chose and your colouring of your pot is so perfect!

susiestacey said...

Lovely card and a pretty pot of flowers.
Thanks for sharing at Penny Black & More & good luck, x Susan x

Nora Noll said...

I adore this. Your pot coloring is fabulous and I LOVE that green border. Beautiful design!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...