Monday 2 July 2018

Sue Wilson Shadow Box You're a Star birthday card



It's time for challenge #140 over at Simply Create Too and this time we are challenged to use no patterned paper!


Simply Create Too Challenge Blog

I must confess that I don't often use patterned paper on my cards, even though I have an enormous stash and still buy it from time to time. I really must stop admiring it and start using it! However, I made this card for my tennis mad daughter's birthday and thought I'd share it with you just in time for the Wimbledon Championship:-



 1) Take a rectangle of paper and repeatedly stamp the Papertrey Ink Basic Background: Twinkle stamp in turquoise ink until it is filled.

2) Die cut the frame die from My Favorite Things Blueprints 29 in turquoise card and glue the twinkle paper behind it.

3) Raise the frame onto a white stitched scallop mat cut from MFT Blueprints 27, and glue that to a stitched rectangle cut from turquoise card.

4) Cut the tennis racquet twice, ball and #1 once,  and you're a star die three times from white card using the Sue Wilson You're a Star Shadow Box Accessory die set. Colour the die cuts with alcohol pens and a metallic silver pen for the racquets, and stack the 'you're a star' dies to give some dimension.



5) Stamp the birthday greeting from Happy Little Stampers Doodled Flowers set towards the top of the lower aperture, and arrange the die cuts in the frames.

6) Finish off by adhering everything to the base card.

There is some fabulous inspiration from my talented teamies over on the blog, and you have until 27th July to add your card to the challenge.

I'd like to play along with

a2z Scrapbooking challenge July  - birthday bash

Dies r us Challenge #100 - use dies carried by the Dies R Us store

Bastel-Traum Challenge #66 - hobby/leisure



Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

11 comments:

Carole said...

What a fabulous card for your daughter and as you say just in time for Wimbledon. Lets hope the weather stays dry for it this year! I'm with you on the patterned paper....I am sure it's a phase that will return! have a good week xx

Sherri said...

LOVE this card! How great for a tennis buff! Love the combination of dies you used to create this beauty! Thanks for joining our "Anything Goes Using Dies DRU Carries" challenge at Dies R Us!

Darlene said...

What a clever creation Carol! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Karen L K said...

Such a great card for your daughter! I like the layers and the colors you chose.

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, a fabulous design - perfect for a tennis fan.
I am the opposite of you, I rarely create a card without patterned paper, I would find this challenge a real struggle!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cindy C. said...

Nicely done!! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at a2z.

Sarah said...

Ooh yes, you should definitely use your papers Carol, you do it so Well...This looks fabulous!! A well timed post too xx

Nora Noll said...

This is so CUTE!!! I LOVE the little shadow box you created!!! Totally FUN card!!!

Arlene said...

I like the design - I've not seen a die cut like the one you used to frame the tennis racket, #1 & sentiment. Cool design. Nice and crisp. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

Nicole Vögeli said...

This is a wonderful card! I love how well balanced it is and the colors you picked are so pretty!
Thanks for playing along the Basteltraum Challenge!

scraphappyAnnie said...

Fantastic card! Thank you for joining us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

Annie - DT Member

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...