Saturday 4 August 2018

MFT Quilt Square Cover Up Christmas poinsettia card





The time has come for another Christmas Challenge over at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge, and this time our fun twist is 'sequins'. You can actually enter any kind of Christmas card but it can be fun to challenge yourself and play with our twist!





Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!


In my ever ready wish to stretch my supplies, I used a quilt die this time that reminds me of a poinsettia!





 1) Put double sided sticky film on the front of some white card then cut it into a 4-inch square before removing the protective sheet.

2) Die cut the MFT Quilt Square Cover up die from white card and then again from red card. The leftover pieces from can be made into another card. Adhere the outside frame of the quilt die cut onto the sticky card, and then stick all the stitched pieces into place as shown.

3) Mat the quilted piece onto some silver mirror card and a stitched red square.

4) Stamp the sentiment from Happy Little Stampers Mixed Christmas Sentiments at the bottom of the card in red ink, then raise the quilted panel onto the base card using fun foam.

5) Die cut a couple of Papertrey Ink Tiny Tags and stamp a small sentiment on the top one before tying them together with baker's twine. Glue them to the top corner of the card.





6) Finish off by adding a red sequin to the centre of the quilt. I didn't have a red one, so I coloured it with an alcohol pen - not an exact match, but it will do!


As usual, you can see lots of inspiration over on the Happy Little Stampers Blog, and if you enter, it could be you as our prize winner this month!

I'd like to play along at

Cut it Up Challenge #153 - Christmas in July

12 Months of Christmas Challenge #44 - anything Christmas goes

The Merry Christmas Challenge July/August - anything Christmas goes

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x


20 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

That really does look like a poinsettia in the color you have chosen! How creative!

Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Christmas in July challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

very beautiful, love the contrast of colors
Barb Housner

ScrappyHorses said...

Gorgeous quilted pattern! The inlays are beautifully crafted, the colors perfect and design just so lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your beautiful red and white quilt design and also that little tag. That card is so well designed.

Sarah said...

What a fabulous piece of improvisation, it really does look like a poinsettias!! A brilliant card xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the quilting!
Thanks for sharing with 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!

SUSAN DT

DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Brenda said...

Love this Carol! The quilt does indeed look like a poinsettia in the middle and I am just adoring the tiny tags in the right hand corner. So cute! I also love the scalloped card base-so pretty and frilly. Hugs, Brenda

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at TMCC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is wonderful, Carol. Quilring was my craft du jour a long time ago. I used to take classes and make lots of quilted things with my mother. Quilted things always bring a smile to my face when I think abou that. I love all the red and white, the tiny tag, and that wonderful scalloped bottom.

Ros Crawford said...

It's beautiful Carol and certainly looks like a poinsettia! I hope you are enjoying the cooler temperatures?

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! I LOVE the way you made the poinsettia and the tiny tags at the corner. I have this die and have NEVER used it. You make me want to take it out!!!

Janis Lewis said...

Wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

foleysfriend said...

So very clever. You're right - does look like a poinsettia, now that you mentioned it. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

sue

Sue - said...

Lovely card Carol. It reminds me of a wooden puzzle set I had as a child!

Carol L said...

I LOVE this simple quilt card done in red & white, and that precious pair of tags is just darling with the little cut-out heart! Beautiful card!

Bobby said...

I just might have to CASE this, Carol. I am a quilter and have a similar die. I love the little tags you added at the top.

BożenA said...

Oh, the colors are so elegant! I love stitched patchwork, such a simple pattern and at the same time so elegant.

Greta said...

Oh wow--I adore this card! I've never even cut the one PTI quilt die I have, but you've inspired me!

Suze said...

Pretty design. The red and white contrast gives a very elegant look to your card. Thank you for joining in the Any christmas card with an optional twist of Add some greenery at 12 Months Of Christmas challenge blog.

crafty-stamper said...

Really striking card love the red and white --a fabulous quilt die
Carol x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...