Tuesday 2 October 2018

Inkylicious Sea View and MFT masculine birthday card





Hello everyone and welcome back to another challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More. This time we have our Make Your Mark Challenge, so you can pull out your markers, paints, pencils etc and show us your hand coloured creations.






I used an Inkylicious stamp called Sea View, and some seagulls from a Hero Arts stamp set, to make a masculine birthday card. This image reminds me of a tv show I used to watch with my Mum when I was younger, called the Onedin Line. We used to settle down on a Sunday evening and I still love the theme tune which is played on the radio from time to time.




I coloured it with Crafter's Companion Sparkle Pens which I scribbled onto a tile and then picked up with a water brush, and when it was dry, I went over some areas with Polychromo pencils.



The frame was made with a My Favorite Things arched frame die and the sentiment is from Happy Little Stampers Mix Mash stamp set.

You can see the fabulous marks the DT made over on the ASTM blog, and I can't wait to see what you come up with this time.

I'd like to play along at



AAA Cards CAS #125  - inspired by a tv show

Sparkles Forum Challenge #108 -  - use dies or punches




Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x














21 comments:

brenda said...

It's a really stylish design and really tranquil scene, many thanks for joining in with our 'I Spy' theme at Stamping Sensations chsallenge.

B x

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Carol! I love this scene and I'm sure many beach lovers will love it too. I've never been sailing but like to watch a sailboat, this sail boat would be a beautiful one in real life. In my mind they are sailing to an island to spend the day picnic-ing. lol Love that die window! Hugs, Brenda

Carole said...

Stunning card Carol....I like the unusual shape of the die frame that sets off the scene. I hope your cold is on its way out..they seem to be lingering don't they. Hugs xx

Janis Lewis said...

Darling card. Love the framed imaged. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the design and fab scene.xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful sea scene and card design.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous masculine card and love the beautiful stamp and how you framed it-I used to love the Onedin Line too-I agree beautiful music
Carol x

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such fantastic masculine card, Carol! Crisp CAS and gorgeous soft colors.

Viv said...

I love this card. Ticks all the boxes for me!

Julie B said...

Gosh, I remember the Onedin Line, showing my age now Carol! Super masculine card and perfect for AAA. Sorry you wont be at PS this weekend but hope to see you in May. :)

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, such a lovely scene and perfect masculine design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Laura's Craft Closet said...

This card is so beautiful! I love how you used the die-cut as a window to see the ship!

Kim Heggins said...

fabulous birthday card...just love your window!

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card, I love the window view. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards

Bobby said...

That's a wonderfully soft and serene scene, Carol.

Nandini said...

So beautiful! Looks so peaceful and calm.

Monika Reeck said...

the half frame is adorable
and love the inside of your card
for me this is adorable Manly card (I am in love to making manly card always if I should :-))
great CAS card Carol
hugs from teamie
Monika

Ina G said...

Such a beautiful calming scene you have created Carol. I could sail away quite easily here. I love that die and keep forgetting t use it.

Basslady said...

a very atmospheric card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at sparkles monthly!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

Tracie Pond said...

Very pretty card, Carol. The frame resembles a porthole. Beautiful scene. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! I love the little frame you used and that paper-everything looks so elegant on it!! LOVE this whole card design!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...