Monday 14 November 2011

Mug Hugs

Hello everyone,

I'd like to welcome Katie who is a new follower this week. I hope you all had a good weekend and are ready for another week. I have never been a knitter. I tried to knit a scarf when I was a teenager but my tension (good word for it) varied according to whatever mood I was in when I was knitting so some bits were tight and some loose, and I never really got the knack. When we were in the Lake District recently, I found a book on knitting Mug Hugs and as you only knit a small strip to go round a mug, I thought 'you can do this' and gave it a go.


I cut a couple of felt hearts and tied it on with a button and twine to decorate this one.


it just fastens around the back with a button.


For this one I just stitched  on some snowflake buttons.

More cute buttons


Some felt flowers and birds.

These were quite quick to make and will make a good stocking filler wrapped around a nice mug to keep a mug of soup or coffee warm.

Thanks for looking (but don't look too closely at my knitting stitches!)
Hugs
Carol x


7 comments:

Svetlana said...

wow!!!this is fantastic!
i wish i could make the same mug hugs, oh they are adorable!!!
Carol you're an artist!

Denise said...

That's a clever idea, love the birdy one.

Laura said...

Awesome! xxx

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What awesome project-s - this will be the perfect last minute extra Christmas Presents - thanks so much for sharing Carol!

Huguenot Girl said...

Super cute - so clever! They will make fab Xmas pressies! Thanks for sharing Carol! Nx

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a fun project! These would be wonderful gifts!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Crafting Aberrigines said...

ITS A GORGEOUS MUG HUG ..
LOVELY ..I AM DEFINITELY GOING TO TRY IT FOR MY FATHER :)
SIMPLY TOO CUTE ..
THANKS A LOT FOR VISITING MY BLOG ..
MY PUP WAS ADMITTED YESTERDAY WITH VIRAL INFECTION ..BUT SHE IS ATLEAST WALKING :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...