Wednesday 10 April 2024

Penny Black Sleigh Ride Christmas card and Crafters Companion Penguin Christmas card




Hello everyone, and welcome to the ABC Christmas Challenges April challenge.


I am hosting this time and I have a little prize for the winner


 This challenge runs from 10th April to 4th May and we are covering two alphabet letters this time.


   The Christmas/December/Winter holidays themes this time round are:                                                    

'H is for Hats'

and

'I is for Inky'


These are my offerings:-


H for hats


For this card, I used the cute Crafter's Companion penguin die, and cut 2 of them, decorating their hats and scarfs in different colours. I stood them in little ice flows from the MFT Polar Pals stamp set and the lower sentiment came from the same set. The background was created by blending a couple of blue inks and adding some splatter.


and I for Inky


I blended several blue inks for this one and then used the Memory Box Pinpoint Burst Impression Plate to add texture. I sprayed the panel with Crafter's Companion Sparkle Spray and although it isn't showing up well in the photos, it looks pretty IRL. The added white splatter was made with watered-down Gouache paint.

The image was stamped with the Penny Black Sleigh Ride stamp set and coloured with Zig Clear Colour Pens. I fussy cut the image and added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to Rudolph's nose.


The Design Team has lots of inspiration over on the ABC blog, and I look forward to seeing your entries if you decide to join us this time.

I hope you are all safe and warm and that Storm Kathleen, which has been buffeting us here today as I write this, hasn't had a big impact on you.


I'd like to play along at

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #160 - anything Christmas goes

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #85 - Santa and his Sidekicks

Unicorn Challenge #97 - Use dies

Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge # 61 - Anything Christmas goes


Thanks for stopping by,

Hugs,

Carol x

                                                      




10 comments:

brenda said...

Two real little cuties on the first Carol, but my fav has to be that super Santa image along with the sentiment.

Many thanks for your kind wishes, sadly cancelled last minute (again), first time January and it's a long wait to be re-scheduled.

B

Fabiola said...

wow Carol, ce qu'elles sont mignonnes! biz

Sue said...

Two gorgeous cards Carol love them both but the sleigh ride is my favourite lol hugs Sue x

Helen said...

These are fab Carol - really love the Santa's sleigh image!
Helen x

Dotty Jo said...

Such super makes, Carol! I really love the Santa card - what a fab design and cute stamp. Thanks for joining Helen and me at Christmas Kickstart again, Jo x

Anita van Deur said...

Such a lovely winter scene beautiful creation. Thank you so much for joining The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge! Anita DT

Diane said...

Super cute cute holiday cards!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Beautiful design Thanks for sharing over at Peace on Earth Christmas and hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT

KraftiKards (my blog)
613 Avenue Create DT
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT

Helen said...

Fabulous Santa card - great scene. And the penguins are really cute too.

Thanks for joining us at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

Helen x
April Guest Elf

Sarah said...

Two lovely Christmas cards Carol and what brilliant backgrounds for them too. I have never managed to make my CC penguins look that good!! I must get them out and have a play!! Hope you have had some sunshine this weekend xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...