Hello everyone and welcome to Challenge #255 over at Addicted to Stamps and More, and this time we have a Photo Inspiration challenge for you.
I was in heaven with this photo because it has my favourite colours and a lovely sheen, but I couldn't decide how I would do it justice until I remembered that I had some Imagination Crafts Starlight paints lurking in my stash, and they would be perfect for this challenge.
I started to play and came up with this card
1) Take a piece of card and paint it with the Imagination Crafts Starlight paints in Soft Blue, Heather and Pink Sunset. It dried to a beautiful sheen, and I can't understand why I have had these for so long and not used them!
2) Cut the card down and emboss it with the Crafter's Companion Ornate Lace 3D embossing folder. Wow, this folder gives amazing texture and dimension!
3) Mat the card onto some black card and adhere it to the white base card.
4) Take some of the leftover painted card and die cut the My Favorite Things Sentiment Label Strip, before stamping and embossing the sentiment from PTI Think Big Favorites #24.
5) Cut the Label Strip again in black card and cut it in half, before gluing each half to the back of the painted strip as a mat. This is a great way of stretching dies for mats, instead of having to fussy cut with scissors.
Well. I'm really enjoying being back in the craft room and it was good to use some neglected NBUS too. I hope you love that gorgeous Inspiration Photo too and join in with us this week. You'll find lots of ideas from the Design Team over on the ATSM Blog.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'd like to play along at