Tuesday 15 August 2017

Crafter's Companion Ornate Lace 3d Embossing Folder and Papertrey Ink Anniversary card




Hello everyone and welcome to Challenge #255 over at Addicted to Stamps and More, and this time we have a Photo Inspiration challenge for you.


I was in heaven with this photo because it has my favourite colours and a lovely sheen, but I couldn't decide how I would do it justice until I remembered that I had some Imagination Crafts Starlight paints lurking in my stash, and they would be perfect for this challenge.



I started to play and came up with this card



1) Take a piece of card and paint it with the Imagination Crafts Starlight paints in Soft Blue, Heather and Pink Sunset. It dried to a beautiful sheen, and I can't understand why I have had these for so long and not used them!

2) Cut the card down and emboss it with the Crafter's Companion Ornate Lace 3D embossing folder. Wow, this folder gives amazing texture and dimension!

3) Mat the card onto some black card and adhere it to the white base card.

4) Take some of the leftover painted card and die cut the My Favorite Things Sentiment Label Strip, before stamping and embossing the sentiment from PTI Think Big Favorites #24.

5) Cut the Label Strip again in black card and cut it in half, before gluing each half to the back of the painted strip as a mat. This is a great way of stretching dies for mats, instead of having to fussy cut with scissors.


6) Finish off by adding some black Nuvo Drops to the sentiment stri[. I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to putting these drops directly onto a card. I usually squeeze the drops onto a non-stick mat and leave them overnight before using glue to fix them to the card.

Well. I'm really enjoying being back in the craft room and it was good to use some neglected NBUS too. I hope you love that gorgeous Inspiration Photo too and join in with us this week. You'll find lots of ideas from the Design Team over on the ATSM Blog.

Thanks for stopping by.

I'd like to play along at




Hugs
Carol x

23 comments:

Carol L said...

WOW! This is just stunning!! I came to comment on your HLS card but I can't get beyond this beauty! I'm going to pin this because I feel like I MUST duplicate this one day! Gorgeous colors and design - you've blown me away!!!

BożenA said...

WOW, Carol!! It's beautiful!!
hugs,
BożenA

Ros Crawford said...

Oh WOW!! This is stunning and you totally rocked that inspiration photo! Stunning colours and your painting is beautiful!

Carole said...

This is fabulous carol...why didn't I think of that moment here. i have Starlights...not well used either...and the 3D embossing folder...smiles at me from my desk..lol. Makes such a change from inking embossing you clever thing. Added to my to do list...need to live to 110 at this rate!! xx P.S. My colours too!!

Julie B said...

Great inspiration Carol. I bought that EF after a friends demo and have yet to use it! :)

Cara said...

Fabulous card, I do love starlight paints, but hadn't thought to emboss them, great idea. I'm ashamed to say that I have that ef but it's still in the wrapper, good to know that it works as well as it looks x

Sarah said...

Absolutely stunning. The colours are wonderful on the embossed background xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so gorgeous. I have not been to Crafter's Companion in United States for awhile so hopefully they carry the same folders here. And the shimmer you added really makes it outstandingly beautiful.

*Vicki* said...

Wow Helen, this looks absolutely incredible!! I just love the beautiful shimmer on your embossed background!! I haven't heard of this product before but it reminds me of the Pearl Ex pigment powders. I love this! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Anita in France said...

Wow, Carol, what a stunner! The shimmer and shine is delicious enough ... add in that luscious texture and it's spectacular! Hugs, Anita :)

Nataliascraft said...

What a stunning card Carol, love the beautiful colours you used and embossed background is wonderful x

cm said...

Echoing the others in praising how absolutely stunning your card is! The design and shimmer...WOW!
~carol

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, such a fabulous embossing folder and gorgeous colours - very elegant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Monika Reeck said...

Crafts Starlight paints dried sooo adorable on your card
so shiny
Love love the texture from your card
Adorable DT card always miss Carol

Wynn said...

Thank you for this inspirational project. Wonderful colour palette. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies Wynn DT

Marina said...

Just want to touch this and wiggle it around in the light to see the sheen!

Unknown said...

Great inspiration Carol. I bought that EF after a friends demo and have yet to use it!
โกลเด้นสล็อต
สูตรบาคาร่า
gclub

Ina G said...

OMGoodness Carol what a stunning card you created here. Beautiful colour combination. Such detail on that embossing folder.

Kylie said...

wow, those paints look incredible!!! I bet we see more cards using them now you have them out :) The texture with the embossing is stunning! xx

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....this is one amazing card, such a beautiful background!

Bobby said...

This is glorious, Carol. Yes you need to use those paints more. And the embossing folder. Thanks for the hint about splitting the label to border the original cut. So clever.

Jarka Ef said...

This is absolutely perfect, I have no words to say. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Jarka Ef

KandA said...

Wonderful card, super design and those colours are stunning xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...