It's time for the March Challenge over at Simply Create Too, and this time we are asking you to use green! In March we have lots of green popping up in the garden and the countryside generally, so, along with the fact that St Patrick's Day is this month too, you have plenty of scope for inspiration with this challenge.
I came up with this card using an NBUS Tonic Studios die and embossing folder set called 'Sending Best Wishes Dimensional Embossing Folder and Die Set' - quite a mouthful!
1) Take a 6.25 inch square of dark green card and die cut the flower triangle into the top left. This intricate die just cuts into the paper rather than cutting it out.
2) Die cut it again from light green card and then use the outer triangle die to cut it out of the card so it becomes a topper. Glue it over the dark green card, offsetting it to give a shadowed effect.
3) Place the wording die diagonally down the centre of the of the card and cut the sentiment into the card. Place a strip of pale green card behind it so it shows up well.
4) Cut the triangle die out of pale green card and then emboss it with the embossing folder, before sticking it to the lower corner of the panel.
5) Die cut the Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames 4 die from white card and then again from dark green card. Stamp the sentiment from PTI Just Deserts on the white frame, then cut the green frame down the centre and stick it behind the white one to give a mat. Adhere the panel to the base card and stick the sentiment frame on the lower corner.
6) Cut the flowers in yellow card and paper piece the petals into the green outline flowers, then finish off with a tiny red heart to dot the i.
The sending best wishes message is really versatile because you can use it for any occasion by adding a further sentiment. I think this is the first time I have been bold and focussed so much on dies for a card and although it certainly gives a very professional finish, I couldn't resist adding that stamped message. I went to town a bit stamping on the inside of the card too, but I forgot to take a photo of that!
Well, how are you going to use green on your project this month? There's a lot of inspiration over on the blog and you have until 30th March to play along with us. I can't wait to see all your entries!
I'd like to play along at
Time Out Challenges #104 - Bold
Craft Rocket Challenge #46 - Something new ( my Tonic die)
4 Crafty Chics #392 - anything goes with a twist - add a sentiment
Thanks for stopping by.