Wednesday 4 July 2018

Tim Holtz Santa's Sleigh Christmas card



Hello there, and welcome to the July Christmas Challenge over at Happy Little Stampers. We are an anything goes challenge but each month we have an optional twist and this time we have Santa!




Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.

IF YOU USE STAMPS BY HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS AND YOU ARE OUR RANDOM WINNER, YOUR PRIZE WILL BE DOUBLED!

I used the twist this time and came up with this card




1) Take a square of watercolour card and mask off a moon shape. Create a background wash using Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens in cobalt, iris and arctic. Spatter on some water and dab it off to create some stars.

2) Remove the mask and stamp the moon with the Inkylicious Cloudy Moon stamp using pale grey ink. This shows up well on the moon but is lost on the background, so stamp it again with white pigment ink.

3) Use the Inkylicious cloud stencil and sponge through it with white ink to create clouds.

4) Die cut the Clearly Besotted Cityscape die twice from black card and adhere it to the bottom of the card.

5) Die cut the Santa Sleigh from Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits set in black card, and emboss it to give it a little dimension. I wanted to put some white highlights on the sleigh to imply some reflected moonlight but my white gel pen had dried up again grrr - so I die cut it again in white card and offset it behind the black sleigh. Raise the sleigh on some thin foam tape and adhere to the card.



6) Mat the panel onto black card and adhere to the base card.

The HLS blog has lots of inspiration from the team and I hope you will join us this time.

I'd like to play at

Craftaholics R Us challenge #27 - any holiday card

Little Red Wagon Challenge #453 - Christmas in July

The Merry Christmas Challenge #26 - anything Christmas

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #32 - anything Christmas

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x



17 comments:

Carole said...

Love,love,love this Carol...great inking and i think the shadowing offsets Santa and sleigh really well. xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Carol :-) I love how you have Santas sleigh going over the rooftops! The white peeping out from behind looks awesome and I love the moon, the whole design is fabulous!!

luv
Lols x x x

Tina said...

So happy you played and your card is amazing!
Thanks for playing with us
Tina, Craftaholics R Us DT
youniquecreationsbytina.blogspot.com
craftaholicsrus.blogspot.com

Janis Lewis said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Craftaholics R Us and The Merry Christmas Challenge.
I have a new scrapbooking challenge blog if you are also a scrapbooker. Would love you to link up your layouts! Bimini Moose Scrapbook Challenges
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the way this looks. I always love cards with Santa and his sleigh flying across the sky. This one is top notch!

Carol L said...

This is fantastic! I love the whole night sky but especially the spattered grey clouds over and around the moon! Such a clever and unique idea! You really created one very cool Christmas card, and I love it!

Sarah said...

What a wonderful Christmas Eve scene. I love the richness of the sky, really lovely xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Thsi card is fabulous, Carol. I love your sky and I especially love your treatment of the moon! It was a very smart idea to use the white die cut of Santa and his sleigh - so funny because I went to use my white gel pen on my Santa card too and it was bone dry. I do have a white water based Sharpie that stays nice and wet. I got it on Amazon - I would think you could get it in the UK here's the link to it on US Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Sharpie-Poster-Paint-Markers-White-35583/dp/B00MKULHJQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530893638&sr=8-3&keywords=white+water+based+sharpie&dpID=31iUd5aT40L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

JanR said...

Splendid card! I adore the background...the night sky looks almost real! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Ros Crawford said...

WOW!!! This is amazing Carol! I love the BG and the stamping over the moon is wonderful. The sleigh really does look terrific with the white offset beneath it. Beautiful card!

BożenA said...

WOW! A magical moment on a special evening of the year. I love the night sky, the Saint's team looks beautiful on it
BożenA xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, such a beautiful scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue - said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue - said...

Wow what a fabulous card, Carol!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and scene love the silhouette die-cuts and the white card shadow works perfectly-brilliant sky too
Carol x

Bobby said...

Terrific card, Carol. The offset sleigh really does give the effect of the moon highlighting it.

Greta said...

Wonderfully crafted card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...