Thursday 13 September 2012

Silhouette Cameo birthday card

Hello everyone, and a warm welcome to Gina who is a new follower this week.

I found a new challenge blog for the Silhouette Cameo called the Cameo Spotlight  and I thought I would give it a try so that I will get to know my Cam a bit better. The challenge this week is to blue, beige and sage green colours, and this is what I came up with


I cut everything but the stars on the Cam and was thrilled with the base card cut because that is pretty thick pearlised card and all the little holes were perfect.


This is how it looks closed. The blue I used looks a bit greyer in real life but hey ho!

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x


13 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

Wow Carol this card is really wonderful! I'm also still amazed at how the Cameo can cut those tiny little holes so perfectly! So glad you played along with us at The Cameo Spotlight!

Kara Lynne said...

Wow, do I love your card! Such great use of the colors. I've been racking my brain of what to do for this one.

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol this is fantastic. The Cameo can cut detail like no other.

fatmonica said...

It's a great card.I love the shape and the little holes.

Marybeth said...

Very pretty cut card,Carol. I must be from another planet,because I have no idea what a cameo is. Congrats on another follower.

Linby said...

Great effect Carol. I have the silhouette, just need time to use it properly!
I am much better now thank you. Apparently I had vestibular neuritis - an infection of the inner ear.
Linbyx

~amy~ said...

this is such a sweet card...love the scallops!

Marybeth said...

Congrats on your beautiful star card over at Less is More. Smile

Shirley Young said...

Lovely, stylish card. I would be lost without my Cameo.

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks for playing in the Cameo Spotlight Color Challenge!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Oh my goodness - that lacy border is so cute! It's the perfect touch and adds great interest and dimension! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Cameo Spotlight Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

JJ Bolton said...

I just love the unexpected shape of your card! The scalloped lacy edge is so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Cameo Spotlight!

Lisa Arana said...

I love the little stars and the fabulous card shape!!! Thanks so much for playing along in The Cameo Spotlight Challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...