Saturday 17 October 2015

My Favorite Things and Wplus9 Unforgettable new baby card


Hello everyone,

I hope you are enjoying a fun weekend. It's grey and cold here in Manchester today and I have all my chores done so I have been playing with some stamps that I will be sharing soon. Some good friends of ours recently became grandparents for the first time but their son and his wife live in the US, so they have only met their Grandson on Skype so far until they get to visit in person next month.  I made them this card when we heard the news of the wonderful arrival





I used the My Favorite things Blueprints 26 dies to cut the balloon and shaded it with some blue ink before adding spots randomly with a white gel pen. I then die cut the Paper Smooches congratulations word and stuck it to the balloon.



The cute baby elephant is from the WPlus9 Unforgettable stamp set and I stamped, coloured and die cut him before attaching him to the balloon string. The rest of the sentiment comes from Avery Elle Simply Said Amazing stamps and a die cut bow finished it off. I love it when I can mix and match lots of different stamps and dies to pull a design together.

I'd like to play along with




Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Carol x

16 comments:

Irene said...

A beautiful and stunning baby card Carol. I love how you make it look so easy to
mix and match different elements.

luv
irene
xxxx

Dotty Jo said...

A lovely card, Carol, and so beautifully made, Jo x

Sarah said...

I love this card Carol, you have such a flair for getting it just right!! xx

Sue said...

Oh wow Carol this is adorable!! huggles Sue xx

Carole said...

Fabulous card...so clever how you have created that balloon! Love it!

Nora Noll said...

Oh how FABULOUS!! I LOVE the pretty blue you used and that elephant is PERFECT. Congratulations on the new addition to the family!!

Unknown said...

Oh Carol! This is fantastic!!! I LOVE this design and its SO very cute! You colored that elephant beautifully!
Just perfect!:)

Vicki Dutcher said...

How CUTE is that floating elephant! Adorable card~

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol I always know that a visit here will bring a smile to my face! Adorable card for your friends, congrats to them on becoming grandparents!

Joyce said...

This is really adorable. Love how you colored that sweet elephant and made your own polka dotted paper.

Kara Lynne said...

Carol, that is absolutely adorable and so clever! I'm pinning this!

Barbie said...

What a cute card and your coloring is perfect. Thank you for joining us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

Pat said...

Adorable

Stampsnob. said...

Darling card Plenty of rounded corners there Thanks for sharing at MFP SFF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lis

Kim Heggins said...

This has to be the sweetest baby ever!

kReN said...

That is really a darling card and love all those rounded corners. Thanks for joining us at the MFP/SFF challenge this week!
Come and see what I've done lately!
kReN @ http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...