Monday 31 October 2016

Papertrey Ink and Crafter's Companion new baby card



Hello everyone, and welcome to the November Case the Designer Challenge over at Happy Little Stampers. We are having a little switch around for the November and December challenges, so you can choose from cards designed throughout the year,  


I chose to CASE this sweet card by the lovely Kim of Cupcakes, Cards and Kim blog


I have used up all my baby cards over the past few months so I came up with this one to help replenish my stash. I used the same Papertrey Ink Comic Strip Cover Plate as Kim used, but changed up the contents. I double cut the cover plate so I could inlay the inked paper to give some dimension.   

 

The paper, ducks, rattle and dummy are from the Crafter's Companion Little Angel die collection and I die cut and inked them before mounting them onto the panel with foam tape. The die cut 'baby' used the Papertrey Ink Wonderful Words Baby die, and I triple cut it to make it more substantial.



To finish it off, I stamped and embossed the 'welcome little' sentiment from the Avery Elle Storybook stamp set before matting and layering the panel onto the base card, and scattering some die cut stars around.

You can see all the cards you can CASE for the challenge over on the Happy Little Stampers blog.

I'd like to play along with





Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Carol x

15 comments:

Carole said...

This is super carol...love those little ducks! A brilliant card for either sex!

Barb said...

A really sweet baby card Carol. The little ducks are so cute. Barbxx

MaryH said...

Simply adorable baby card, and what a clever 'CASE' of Kim's sweet card (she's a favorite designer of mine too). Any new Mom will love these sweet, bright & so cheery little ducks, and the design of the cover plate die is delightful & fun. Great work on this challenge. TFS

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable! I LOVE the fun little ducks and the fun arrangement you used in that frame. This card could be used for a boy or a girl and is just perfect!!

Joyce said...

Aww, so very adorable. Love all the little scenes you created in each box.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge, good luck!!! Amy DT

Aunty Sue said...

such cute ducks love the bright colours and thanks so much for sharing with us at crafty Catz and good luck in the draw. hope to see you again in our new challenge starting friday.
AuntySue DT

Pat said...

This is a really pretty baby card Carol and I love all the die cut images set into that frame which works beautifully. x

Billie A said...

Cute Cute Cute.. I love this card and the awesome images and color choices. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.
Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative with Stamps
Catch the bug
Inspiration Destination

Mandy LaCroix said...

Love this design! Such a great card! :)
Thanks for sharing it over at the Addicted to Stamps Challenge!

Sarah said...

Ooh, this is so sweet and perfect to have in stock. I must have a sort out of my stash and start thinking about baby items as we are to be Grandparents in January...eeeek!! xx

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my...what a wonderful and sweet creation, so honored that you used my card for inspiration. You are so sweet, just like your fabulous card.

Elle Kay said...

This is just so adorable! Thanks for sharing with Aud Sentiments challenge blog!

Kylie said...

What a fantastic CASE of Kim's card. I LOVE how bright it is! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Birgit said...

Carol, this is so darling! I love the all the little ducks in a row. So cute! I'm so glad you linked up to the Happy Little Stampers CASE the Designer Challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...