Wednesday 19 July 2017

Newton's Nook Cat birthday card for a book lover



Hello everyone, and welcome to the ever popular Anything Goes Challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More





Thanks for your kind words and good wishes regarding my husband. He is recovering slowly but obviously, can't do very much so I am still not back in my craft room yet. Maybe next week will be better. I swear I'm having withdrawal symptoms, and I'm grateful that I had some cards I hadn't posted yet. Here is one of those cards:-




1) Take a piece of card and stamp the image from Newton's Book Club by Newton's Nook, using Memento black ink.

2) I stamped using my Misti, left the stamp in place while I coloured the image with Spectrum Noir Illustrator pens, and then stamped again to give better definition to the outline.

3) Cut a rectangular panel of card and stamp the sentiment before embossing with the Papertrey Ink Canvas Impression Plate.




4) Cut a scalloped circle from the panel using the My Favorite Things Jumbo Peekaboo Circle die, and layer everything up using fun foam to give some dimension.

This one is headed to my cat loving pal in our book group!

Why not head over to the ATSM blog to see the beauties that the Design Team has to show you, and we'd love it if you join in with us.

I'd like to play along with

Aurora's Wings Challenge - fur and feathers

A Gem of a Challenge #198 - animals

Hanna and Friends Challenge - Birthday


Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

26 comments:

Nandini said...

Very cute and adorable!

Julie B said...

Cute card Carol. I really hope your hubby's recovery keeps up and you can get into your craft room at some point. :)

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! What amazing colouring Carol! This kitty really looks like a ginger tabby ( like my cat ) and that's not easy to do! I hope hubby recovers well and you can soon get back to your craft room. Sending hugs your way!

Sarah said...

Hope you will soon be back in your crafty space and that Hubby's recuperation continues. This is such a lovely card and I love the idea of restamping for definition xx

Pamela said...

That is so cute. Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Pam x

Cara said...

This is just adorable. So glad to hear that your husband is continuing to recover x

Sternenglanz said...

your card is so cute!
thank you for joining the hanna and friends challenge.

x Sternenglanz

cotnob said...

This is a super card Carol, such a sweet image and brilliant sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol beautifully coloured and so cute, your friend will love it!

Bobby said...

Your coloring is wonderful and so is the entire design of your card, Carol. I missed out on hearing about your husband but I pray he continues to get better.

Kim Heggins said...

Oh....this is just too darn cute! Love your sweet kitty.

cm said...

How adorable is your Newton, snoozing atop a stack of books and nestled in his pretty framed/embossed surroundings! Simply fabulous! I know your book club friend loves this, as do I!
~carol

A. Rose said...

Such gorgeous colors drawing your eye to the center of all the lovely white!!!

Darnell said...

We miss you, too, Carol! Your card designs, like this adorable number, are always so inspiring to me! I'm so glad to hear that John is continuing to improve. It's a long road, but you will have your 'normal' back ~ hang in there!! Hugs, Darnell

DonnaMundinger said...

Couldn't be sweeter! Love the die cut window and adorable kitty. Thanks so much for joining us at Aurora Wings. xxD

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Carol and I'm so glad to hear your hubby is on the road to recovery. I have been back and forth to the hospital with mine for the passed few weeks...I'm just glad I can do a bit of commenting and catching up today! lots of huggles Sue xxx

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh, Carol, this is awesome!!! Love the white background, it shows the colorful image wonderfully. Praying for your husband to get better and hope you can craft more, it is such a relief for worried mind and body.

Michelle said...

What a gorgeous card - lovely layout too. I do hope you get back into your craftroom as soon as hubby is better. I would have withdrawal symptons too! I am now a happy follower of your blog and would be over the moon if you followed mine - Michelle x

Monika Reeck said...

Oh this Image is cute
I love your coloring and the opening in the middle of your card is perfect for this sketch
I hope your hubby will be better soon
I am happy being on a team with you
biig hugs and pray for you and hubby
Monika

Nora Noll said...

Oh I am in love!! The way you used that die to frame that fabulously colored in image is so cool. I totally adore this design!!!

Anita in France said...

Your beautifully coloured cute kitty is adorable, Carol ... wonderfully framed with that yummy texture-y background! Hope your DH's recovery continues well! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Super cute--love how you framed that sweet image!

Joyce said...

This is adorable. Perfectly colored and framed. Makes me want to grab my book and read. Sorry to hear about your husband, and hope he has a speedy recovery.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is really really sweet!

Carole said...

Hi Carol...playing catch up after hols...lovely card...clean and classy! Hope you are well and hubby is recovering well now. Hugs xx

Unknown said...

Such gorgeous colors drawing your eye to the center of all the lovely white!!!
โกลเด้นสล็อต
สูตรบาคาร่า
gclub

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...