Friday 21 January 2011

Cricut New Home card

Hello everyone,

Welcome to my blog at the start of another weekend. I'm going out to eat with my husband and daughter tonight, and have the rest of the family coming round on Sunday, so I'm looking forward to a first catch up since Christmas. A friend of the family has just moved house so I created this card to send her using my Cricut:-


click to enlarge
I used Beyond Birthdays for the house and car, Plantin Schoolbook for the flowers and letters on the banner, and Wild Card for the 'for your new home', but I cut off the 'for your' part. I used  Papertrey Ink 'Its a Celebration' set for the banner and cut out a shadow by hand, and added some jewels give a little bling. I only attached the the flower border at the base, so it gives a feeling of the flowers moving and I  used an orange glaze pen for the centres of some of the flowers. I enjoy mixing up the cartridges and adding some stamping to cards for a mixed media effect.

I hope you have a great weekend, and I'd like to thank everyone who has left lovely messages on my blog recently. I really appreciate that you take the time to visit and leave comments - it makes my day!

Hugs
Carol x

2 comments:

Paula P. said...

Very cute card! I like it! I'm browsing thru your blog and you have some real nice projects published. Keep on Creatin'!

B said...

So cute! Love the little car dragging the house along and the banner!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...