Hi there and welcome to the November Watercolour Challenge over at Happy Little Stampers. We are an anything goes as long as it's watercolour challenge, but each month we have an optional twist that you can join in with to make it more fun. The twist this time is 'tag'
Our winner for this challenge will receive a $20 coupon to spend at the shop! Check out all the details HERE.
I came up with this tag
1) Take a piece of watercolour card and brush on some watercolour paint in blues and greens. I used Gansai Tambi paints.
2) When the card is dry, die cut a tag from it using the Papertrey Ink Tag Sale: Quilted die. Cut the tag again from some silver mirri card.
3) Stamp the sentiment from PTI Summer Sweetness stamp set in the lower right-hand corner of the tag using Onyx Black Versafine ink.
4) Die cut the feLINE die from Penny Black using watercolour card, paint each cat with watercolour paint and when it is dry, snip the cats out of the frame.
5) Cut a thin strip of mirri card and stick it on the tag before arranging the cats above it so their tails drape over it.
6) Cut the silver tag in half and glue each half to the back of the tag so that it gives a little mat all around. This means that there will be a little gap on the back of the tag, but as it is going to be stuck on a gift bag, nobody will see it.
7) Thread some ribbon through the hole at the top of the tag and then tie a twine bow around it.
8) To finish off, attach the tag to a gift bag, draw some eyes on the cats and stick a small red heart next to the sentiment.
Handmade tags are always handy to have around for a special present, and I have a cat loving friend with a special birthday coming up so I know exactly where this tag is heading. Why not head over to the Happy Little Stampers blog to see some inspiration from the team and join in with us this time.
I'd like to play along with
Make My Monday Challenge #58 - anything but a card
International Art and Soul Challenge #20 - add a charm or tag
Challenge up our LifeChallenge #78 - die cuts
My Time to Craft Challenge #357 - Halloween or cats
Thanks for stopping by