Tuesday 28 May 2024

Penny Black New Day watercoloured any occasion card

 



Hello everyone and welcome to the new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More



This time we have our Any Occasion theme and I came up with this card:-



I'm very inexperienced with watercolours and tend to go with my Zig brush markers when I want that look but I decided it was time to stop being chicken and have a go with the real thing. I pulled out my Kuretaki Gansai Tambi watercolour pans and watercolour card to colour this lovely stamp from Penny Black called New Day.



I used a Penny Black stencil to ink the rectangle around the image after seeing Jill Foster do this on YouTube, and I really like that look. The simple sentiment on the front means that I can use the card for many occasions by adding a birthday, get well, thank you etc greeting on the inside.

My talented Teamies have lots of inspiration for you over on the blog and I hope you'll join us this time.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x





6 comments:

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Carol! You are now a watercolorist! You did a beautiful job with your KGT paints! I'm bookmarking this for inspiration because I always reach for my Ziggies, too, and really should try my KGT paints more often. I love the all-occasion sediment, too, and the way you stenciled a "Foster panel!" Hugs, Darnell

brenda said...

Wow Carol, this is beautiful and your colouring and sharing perfectly done, lovely design with the inked panel and offset image as well.

B x

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is STUNNING Carol!!!! Just so inspiring!!! Your comments on my Hamster card really meant alot!! Thanks so much!!

Sarah said...

Bravo Carol!! You have done a fantastic job of watercolouring that beautiful stamp xx

Maria said...

So pretty! Your water colored flowers are gorgeous! Lovely color and wonderful stenciled soft background! And, love the idea of using the sentiment to send a card for any occasion!

Izzy Scrap said...

What it would be if you were experienced with watercolours ? Carol, your card is gorgeous and a real delight for the eyes. I love this bright red watering can and your choice of colours for the flowers is amazing. Also love the rectangle to ground this pretty image. Really beautiful card ! Hugs xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...