Tuesday 14 May 2024

Penny Black Basket of Flowers Sunny Smiles birthday card





Hello everyone and welcome to the new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.

This time we have our birthday theme and I created this card using some older stash. 



The frame dies are from the Papertrey Ink Mix and Mat Postal die set. You cut the outer die and then imprint the inner one to give an embossed frame look. I inked the centre of the frame before adding the basket of flowers made with the Penny Black Sunny Smiles Cling Stamp set. These were stamped, simply coloured and fussy-cut. I sliced a slit in the basket with a craft knife so I could slide the flowers into it.

I'm determined to use more of my older stash again after rediscovering some little used, and even unused sets, whilst reorganising my stamps into categories rather than manufacturer names. I'm at the stage where everything is a mess and I'm wishing I'd never started lol! I'd welcome advice from anyone else who has done this - what categories did you use and did you ever break up stamp sets with some images and lots of sentiments? 

As always, there's lots of inspiration for you on the ATSM blog and we'd love it if you decide to join us this time.

I'd like to play along with 






Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x
 

8 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely sunny summery card Carol. Keep going at the old stash, if you are anything like me you'll rediscover and see things in a totally new light......almost like having new stash!

B x

meg said...

A wonderful layout with a gorgeous floral image,thank you for joining in at MMM

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a beautiful card, love the die with the sentiment and flowers within it. x

Johanna said...

A pretty rendition of a filled basket and perfect for a spring floral or Mothers day card. I like your background die cut too. Thanks for joining us at MMM, Johanna DT

Donna Walls said...

This is such a cheery card, and I love how you've used all the elements from the photo in your design. Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge. We look forward to seeing more from you soon.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Darnell said...

This is a great combination of products to make a sweet birthday card, Carol! That's a cool frame and pretty colored flowers!

Good luck with your reorg; it's always worse halfway through. When I first started, I broke up all my stamp sets and stored them by category: birthday, including birthday sediment. Then the other sediments in their occasions: sympathy, thank you, anniversary, etc. Then images by type: butterfly, nautical, flowers, leaves, etc. Christmas was always by itself, both images, paper, and sediments.

It was a lot of work, but it's the way my brain works. I never could figure out how a person could remember all the hearts and flowers and "thank yous" that companies were adding to sets of flowers, for instance!

Having said all that, if I had it to do over, I would sign up to one of the tag filing programs (like Evernote) and that way you can keep your sets together (neater!) and still look up individual stamps/sediments within the set.

It also depends on how long you think you will continue because eventually you will want to donate your stuff or pass it on to family/friends and that's easier when the sets are kept together.

I hope that helps. Email or call if you want to talk more. Big hugs, Darnell

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful card. C xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your cut out flowers in the basket, a gorgeous card. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...