Wednesday 13 September 2023

Crafters Companion Build a Snowman Christmas card and Papertrey Ink and Altenew Jingle Christmas card

 




Hello everyone and welcome to the September Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenges.



This time we have reached S and T in the alphabet so we would like to see your 

S for'Snowmen'

&

T for 'Three of a Kind'


I have a Crafters Companion Snowman stamp and die set that is really sweet and I pulled it out to make my card. While I was looking at the head of the snowman, I decided to experiment with my Altenew Stampwheel and make a kind of wreath with the head. I was just playing and wasn't sure how it would turn out 


but I was really happy with the result. I went round the wheel again with the snowman's hat and then coloured the hats and noses with pencils. I added glitter to the hat brims and bobbles after die cutting with a square die and then inked the edges and stamped a sentiment in the centre.




Three of a kind




For this card, I die-cut a white panel with a Pinkfresh Studio die and backed the three apertures with some patterned paper. I then made a couple of jingle bells with some Altenew stamps and dies that came free with a magazine and added them to the top and bottom holes. For the centre, I stamped and embossed the sentiment and laid it on some gold card to match the little stars I had dotted around.



I thought the design was a bit lacking so I stamped and die-cut the three boughs from a Papertrey Ink set, shaped them a bit and finished off by adding them and three bows to the card.

This challenge runs until 7th October and we'd be delighted if you decide to join in.

I'd like to play along at





Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x












15 comments:

Carole said...

Super cards Carol..I like your snowman wreath with their happy faces and the second card is stunning in its red and green...love those little boughs.xx

Helen said...

Fabulous cards! Your snowman wreath is such a fun idea!
Helen x

Anita van Deur said...

Love your cards so funny those snowmen, tree of a kind is absolute fabulous!! Thank you so much for joining The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge! Anita DT

brenda said...

Two super cards Carol, the stamp wheel looks to be very useful as the snowmen are perfectly placed. The second just might be my fav as love the crisp colour palette (would fit perfectly at this weeks Allsorts challenge!).

B x

Maria said...

What a fun cute card with the snowmen! How creative making it a wreath! Your second card is gorgeous. Lovely color and great design!

Dotty Jo said...

Your snowman card turned out beautifully, Carol! I really like it - what a clever idea. I love your second card too. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Kimberley and me, Jo x

Brenda said...

Oh Carol, your snowman card is adorable!!! I love how you used him to make a snowman wreath so to speak. So cute! I just got the Altenew Stamp Wheel, but I haven't tried making any wreaths with it yet. Your second card is so elegant and festive. I love the window openings, such a pretty die you used. I also love the greenery swag, so pretty and perfect to go over your apertures. Love those jingle bells too. Hanging in here just like everyone else Carol, hope you are doing well my sweet friend! Hugs, Brenda

Pay Someone To Do My Classes Online said...

Your card's layout is so masterfully balanced, and those Echinacea are stunning in these vivid violet tones!

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Carol..love the snowmen's faces lol hugs Sue x

jeux a gratter gratuit said...

Thanks for your enthusiasm and creativity in writing this blog

Fabiola said...

oh Carol, que c'est adorable, biz

wienerhoneymooners said...

GENIUS wreath snowman card, LOVING the other card too so much!!!

Yay! Loving this challenge, seeing so many AWESOME snowmen cards!!!
Thank you so much for sharing your creativity in the gallery for this month's Chillin' with the Gnomies at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge!
HUGS!!! =Kimberly - aka..this months guestie!

Marlena M. said...

Such a cute snowman card and love the Christmas windows in the second creation Carol~

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your fun snowman wreath Carol - I've never seen one of those before! The three aperture card is lovely too and I love the addition of the boughs and bows - a clear example of more being more! Glad to have sent you shopping and hope you found a bargain ;) Thank you for inspiring me to join in with ABC Christmas! Vicky x

Tee said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...