Tuesday 5 September 2023

Echinacea birthday card

 



Hello everyone and welcome to summer here in the UK which is forecast to last for a whole week after weeks of very disappointing grey and wet weather. My daughter is a teacher and she has spent much of her holiday transforming my craft room as a big present for me for a big birthday I have coming up. The weather has been really poor for her whole holiday and she returned to school yesterday amid blazing sunshine! Such a shame for her and all the children and teaching staff.


Well, another fortnight has whizzed by and I'm back with a new challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More. This time you can choose any occasion you like, but I went for a birthday card because my supply is very low.


I started by cutting a panel with the Papertrey Ink Love to Layer: Aztec die and lightly inked it with some Cracked Pistachio distress ink. I then cut several layers of the echinacea die (a favourite late summer flower and an old die from Joanna Sheen) and coloured it with my Ziggies before stacking them together to give some dimension. The sentiment is from the Altenew Sakura Blossom stamp set and I first stamped it in the Cracked Pistachio but it got lost on the background so I went over it with Wilted Violet. I'm not really happy with how that turned out but at least you can see it better. I made a layer for the panel by inking around the edge with the CP ink and placed the whole thing onto a landscape A2 card base.

I'd like to play along at




As always, the DT has some great inspiration for you over on the ATSM blog and you can link up your entry over there too.

If you're in the UK - enjoy the sunshine while we have it!

Hugs
Carol x










11 comments:

brenda said...

Snap with our daughters Carol, my eldest exactly the same (although not the craft room refurb)along with two Grandchildren, we were spoilt last year!

You card is bright and cheery and echoes the current weather.

B x

Carole said...

A beautiful card Carol...I love your echinacea. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday...I seem to remember that it is a special one for you. I have one in a couple of months too!! How nice of your daughter to do your craft room refurb for you. Mine is badly in need of a good cull and refurb so feel free to loan her out!!..lol! I hope you have/have had a wonderful day.Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts. Hugs xx

I Card Everyone said...

Carol, your card design is so beautifully balanced, and those Echinacea are gorgeous is these bright shades of violet! Anyone would be lucky to receive such a lovely wish on their birthday!
We are lucky to have you join us at The Flower Challenge - thanks much!
=]

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Elizabeth Hart said...

Tour did a great job coloring the flowers - they look so ralistic. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a stunning card Carol, I love the flowers and the gorgeous colour mix. How thoughtful of your daughter to do your craft room. A shame the Summer school holidays were a wash out, I remember it happening when I was a child, being in Winter uniform and blazing hot sunshine.
Faith x

Brenda said...

It is still summer here as well, but we are gray and rainy at the moment. Welcomed though as we were so dry. The bad storms were not welcomed though! What a lovely gift from your daughter for your big birthday you have coming up! That is the way it always goes, the sun comes back out when everyone has to go back to work or school. Sigh, Newton's Law I suppose.

Your birthday card is lovely! I love the purple Echinacea's. You colored them up beautifully with your Zigs! I also love that background mat. Perfect for these blooms to sit upon. Enjoy the sunshine! Hugs, Brenda

Anke said...

WOW so beautiful Carol, I love the flowers, the echinaceas are my favorite flowers in the garden.

Hugs
Anke

Lynda said...

What a fabulous card. Love the colours and how you have achieved the depth in them. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers atg birthday challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

foleysfriend said...

So pretty! Love the dimension of the flowers and the pretty border. Great job of adding color with the Zigs. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

sue n.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...