Sunday 6 December 2015

Happy Little Stamping Birthday card



Hello everyone and welcome to the second Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media challenge where the theme is Anything Goes. We had some amazing entries into our last challenge so why not come along with  us on this journey into mixed media .







Winner receives one stamp set from HLS


I came up with this card




I received my first Gelli Plate recently and decided to dip my toe in the water with it by using acrylic paint and a chevron stencil to pull a simple background print.  Although it wasn't perfect, I was quite pleased with the result and can imagine that this gelli plate malarkey could get quite addictive!

Once the paint was dry I die cut a stitched circle from it and used a star stencil to ink a random pattern of stars over the left hand side. I then used the Happy Little Stampers Mix Mash stamp set for the sentiment and to stamp the chevrons which I then fussy cut.



I used foam tape to give some dimension and arranged the chevrons on the right side of the circle and added a couple of little silver metal flowers. To assemble the card, I die cut the same circle from some blue card and glued it to a notecard before inlaying the circle panel. I then added some WOS to the stars and called it done!

I hope you will pop over to the Happy Little Stampers blog to see some great inspiration from the Design Team, and join in with us this month.


Thanks for stopping by.


Hugs
Carol x

15 comments:

Sue said...

Carol, this is a really stylish CAS card. I love the blue theme and the stars look perfect.
Sue...xxx

Sarah said...

This is fantastic Carol, love the gelli plate background...a flawless first attempt in my opinion!! Love the pretty silver flowers, what a super touch xx

LesLee said...

I love this card.. all the elements.. and the pops of tone on tone color and the dimension.. AWESOME!

Carol said...

A fabulous card Carol, such a cool design. Carol x

Nataliascraft said...

Brilliant birthday card, love the design x

MaryH said...

What a lovely & soft gelli background. Love that you've added all the chevrons, geometric shapes with the challenge stars. Also love that you have done this in such pretty blue shades too. Gellis are fun, and I need to get mine out & do something with it! (it's nearly as much fun as sprays!) TFS & Hugs

Melissa L. said...

Very cool card, Carol. I really like the chevron bg. Gelli plate printing! Nice! It goes very well with the Mix Mash set.

Loll said...

Great job with your gelli plate background Carol!! Love the chevron theme repeated on your fussy-cut embellishments as well. Great design! xx

Toni said...

I love the print you pulled!!! You know I'm already addicted to Gelli and welcome you to the fold--LOL!

Toni

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!!! That background is so fabulous!! I so want to try this but am scared. I think I would want to do this on every card!!

memorial garden benches said...

I love the blue theme! It's perfect! What a lovely & soft background. Great job!

Louise F NZ said...

Fantastic card, I am a sucker for stars and I love the blue.

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous and fun card...love all that pretty blue.

Carol L said...

Those subtle chevrons in the pale blue look so pretty with the darker shades of blue! I love those arrows too!

Susan said...

Love the shades of blue and the fabulous design with the circle, stars, and chevrons!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...