Tuesday 30 August 2016

Sizzix butterfly birthday card


Hello everyone,

I hope you had a good Bank Holiday Weekend because the next time we have one it will be Christmas! A very scary thought...

Well today is the start of another challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More, and this time it is the CAS theme



Sponsor



QKR Stampede and Eureka Stamps was purchased by Stamp On It in 2013 from the state of Colorado and moved to its new home in Michigan! We(Stamp On It) had its humble beginnings over 25 years ago and is now a mobile(on-the-road) family owned and operated business. We travel coast to coast and attend as a vendor over 25 retail stamping and scrapping shows each year. 


Prize: 3 digital images



I came up with this card



I made this card at the recent Happy Little Stampers Retreat, where I used Brushos for the first time to make some beautiful backgrounds. I cut the Sizzix butterfly from some blue and green Brusho background  made with the spray starch technique that Kylie  taught us.

The sentiment is from a Stampin' Up stamp set and I cut the panel out with a stitched rectangle die, which I popped up on fun foam to give some dimension.


The Design Team have some great inspiration over on the ATSM blog, so why not pop over there and then join in with us this time.

I'd like to play along with




Thanks for stopping by.


Hugs
Carol x


16 comments:

Suchi said...

Oh My!! Such a pretty card- that butterfly die is sooooo awesome!! LOVE your card! :)
Suchi xx

Julie B said...

Pretty butterfly Carol, thought I recognised it! ;)
I passed on the details of the A Cappela group to my daughter but she had only that morning contacted a new group setting up in Mottram,thanks for the info anyway. :)

Monika Reeck said...

oh I love the brushos in blue on your butterfly
so adorable and hey did you see we nearly have the same idea teamie
I used butterfly too but I stamped and big sentiment and small one too
great CAS card and great teach by Kylie..
I wish I could be there
see you around teamie
hugs
Monika

Carole said...

Fabulous butterfly Carol.....starch on the shopping list...Darnell pointed me to a video by Kylie on this one...bet you had a ball in Swindon!

Susan said...

Love the colours in your butterfly! Great technique with the spray starch! And lucky you, getting to be at the craft retreat!

Sarah said...

Such a beautiful butterfly Carol and the colours are blended perfectly. Great design xx

Darnell said...

This is THE most CASlicious card ever, Carol!! I have these left-over small bits of really pretty Brusho paper from the Retreat and I've been trying like heckers to think of a design. Well, slap, a butterfly will work perfectly! Thank you, thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

Nora Noll said...

I totally love this pretty butterfly!! I have not played with Brushos because they are a bit pricy but really like how this came out. That butterfly against the white is just perfection!!

sandie said...

Aren't we all having fun with our brushos! And this colour mix is perfect. I adore the CAS design and thanks for joining AAA

Joyce said...

CAS and beautiful. Love the shades of blue in your butterfly--need to try to get some brushos here. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Very pretty! Something about a butterfly to make a card perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge!
Hugs

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Carol, such a fabulous CAS design.
Pauline
x

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! That butterfly is gorgeous and the card is beautiful!

Ceal said...

Gorgeous butterfly, need to give my Brusho more love than I do. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

Debi said...

Wonderful CAS card. Great technique on the butterfly. Thanks for the link to Kylie's blog. And thanks for sharing your card with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck. Debi TT DT

Lady Joyful said...

Gorgeous CAS card. That butterfly is lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...