Saturday 5 November 2016

My Favorite Things and Happy Little Stampers alcohol ink birthday card


Hello everyone and welcome to the Mixed Media challenge at Happy Little Stampers where the challenge this month is to get out those alcohol inks.





I began by making some backgrounds using the shaving foam and alcohol ink technique





I selected one of the backgrounds and used the My Favorite Things Garden Flourish background to stamp over it and emboss the image with white embossing powder. I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die and matted it onto a scalloped black mat.




Next, I cut a black banner and stamped and embossed the Happy Birthday stamp from Happy Little Stampers Mix Mash stamp set. I love how crisply this stamp comes out even when it is embossed!





I added the final sentiment from the Clearly Besotted Delightful Day stamp set, but the card was still lacking something. After looking through my bits and pieces of leftovers, I found a piece of a PTI Paper Clippings die cut, so I trimmed that and added it to my banner, curling the swirl over the edge. I really loved how this worked - how simple hearts are easily pleased lol!

I bet you have some alcohol inks or alcohol pens in your stash, so why not pop over to the Happy Little Stampers blog to see inspiration from the team, and join in with us this month.

We are delighted to have Pooja from Reusing Cards & Quilling joining us as Guest Designer this month, so I hope you will give her a warm welcome.


I'd like to go and play at

Morgan's Artworld - embossing wet or dry

Pattie's Creations Challenge - birthday

Perfectly Created Chaos Challenge - heat embossing

Stay safe and have a Happy Bonfire Night and thanks for stopping by.



Hugs
Carol x

20 comments:

Barb said...

What a really beautiful card Carol and such a good idea to heat emboss on top of that lovely background. Barbxx

Loll said...

Your marbled background is GORGOEUS Carol! Love it with the white embossed swirl --- so pretty!! xx

BożenA said...

How incredibly looks beautiful white embossing on marbling background! This is so subtle and beautiful! I love your card
BożenA xx

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Hi Carol, thank you so much for popping over to my blog. Your creations are gorgeous! I love this one with the marbling.

Susan said...

Beautiful - love the soft colours with the white heat embossing on top!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful background, and the embossed detail on top looks amazing, not to mention the impact the black has...a great card xx

Brenda said...

How beautiful this card is Carol! I love your inky background, the black is just so striking with it. Love the scallop rectangle and the scallop on the card base. And the sentiment at the very bottom is perfect with the Happy Birthday. You definitely have a winner with this one! Hugs, Brenda

Darnell said...

Look at you going to town with these beautiful backgrounds, Carol! I just love them and the design you made for your card! The black silhouette is stunning in the foreground!! Hugs, Darnell

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO very beautiful and love the design and colours. Thank you for joining us at Morgan's Artworld. Faith DT.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

I did not know you could use alcohol inks and shaving cream. You made a beautiful background. You achieved such soft colors. Love your card.

Barb Housner

Carole said...

Lovely backgrounds Carol...and a super card as a result!

Dori Shelton said...

How lovely?! I really like that background!!Thank you for joining the Perfectly Created Challenge this week. I hope to see you again next time!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning...so beautiful. Love those soft sweet colors swirled into an amazing background and that black is so perfect.

Seemaa said...

What a beautiful card Carol, love it!!

Susan Renshaw said...

A delightful card! I love the shaving foam technique...
Fabulous make for the Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Michelle said...

Your card is so precious. I love this technique.
xxx Michelle (DT sister)

Linda said...

Gorgeous card ..... I love the background! xx

SD pooja said...

Such a Beautiful background ,I loved the marbled look ! Shaving foam technique yields very interesting bgs always I tried with acrylic paints thanks for sharing its variation :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning work Thank you for joining us at Patties Creations, good luck!!! Lisa DT

Vic said...

Wow ! what a stunning and beautiful card! Thankyou for sharing your creativiy with us at Patties cReations. Vic - D.T x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...