Wednesday 2 August 2017

Sara's Signature and Papertrey Ink Scandi Christmas tree card



Hello everyone and welcome to the August Challenge with ABC Christmas Challenge.



This time we have 3 themes for you to choose from, or of course, you could go mad and do one of each! That would really add to your stash.



P - People
Q - Quick
R - Red

Our kind sponsors this time are


Lawn Fawn
A stamp set and 6x6 pad of the winner’s choice

Lawn Fawn
and 
A prize from Chrissy
A cute little Gorjuss Girl stamp set






I don't often do large format cards, but I thought I would try an 8 by 8 inch one this time, using the Sara's Signature Scandinavian Christmas Collection.

1) Cut a square of red card and die cut on all four sides with the Sara's Signature Swedish Snowflake border die.

2) Cut a square of white card and use a border die on 2 of the edges before stamping the Script Background stamp on it in red ink.

3) Die cut the Partridge in a Pear Tree die from red card, and again from silver mirror card. Cut the silver tree in half and glue to the back of the red tree, offsetting it slightly to add a shadow.

4) Layer everything onto the base card adding a couple of mats of red and white card.



5) Finish off by cutting a couple of Papertrey Ink Tiny Tags in red and white,  and stamp and emboss 'very merry' in white. Tie the tags together with baker's twine and tie them to the tree.

There's a lot of inspiration over on the ABC Christmas Challenge blog, and you have until 31st August to link up your entry.

I'd like to play along with

A Snowflake's Promise - anything goes

Shopping our Stash - Countdown to Christmas

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - anything goes

Make My Monday - monochromatic

Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Carol x


18 comments:

Carole said...

OOOhhh stunning Carol! Love the red and white...I could go on and on so i will just say I love everything about it! I need to start getting into Christmas mode.

Anita in France said...

Bold and vibrant, Carol ... such a wonderful, striking look ... the nordic style is fantastic! Hugs, Anita :)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW! What a stunning design carol! Love the die-cuts and the red and white are so striking! Have a lovely evening! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, love the red and white and the tiny tags on the tree are so sweet :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this card Carol x

Donna Ellis said...

oooooh, Carol! This is one GORGEOUS card! I love that you chose to use bright red, and keep it monochromatic, so that all your amazing details show up! LOVE IT. hugs, de

Ros Crawford said...

Oh look at those little birds hiding in there! Beautiful card Carol!

Cara said...

Love that Christmas tree, it looks stunning with the silver. Gorgeous card x

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful and well designed. I love the red and white with the touch of silver too.

Nataliascraft said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card, love the layout and the tree is so beautiful x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, I love red and white Christmas cards.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Donna said...

Gorgeous!!
Red and white are so pretty together for a Christmas card!
Thanks for counting down to Christmas with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

Barb said...

A stunning card. I love it in red and white. Barbxx

Nora Noll said...

This is amazing!! I saw this when it came up in my e-mail over vacation and made a mental note to remember to come over. Your layering of the tree is fabulous and I ADORE the border around it. This is just so beautiful!!! And shopping your own stash? I need to do that more!!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Nandini said...

Love the red and white combo. The card is so beautiful and elegant! Thank you for joining us at the Make My Monday challenges. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. All the very best. Nandini, DT

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I absolutely love this card Carol
โกลเด้นสล็อต
สูตรบาคาร่า
gclub

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...