Tuesday 6 September 2016

Clearly Besotted Anniversary Card




 Hello and welcome to the new Mixed Media challenge over at Happy Little Stampers



where the theme this time is 'distress' which leaves lots of room for interpretation.




I started by punching a circle from masking paper and placing it near the top of some glossy card. I have a very old texture stamp, that I removed from a wooden block several years ago and it has lost it's label, but I began by stamping it on the piece of glossy card with Ranger Archival Shadow Gray ink, which I heat set. I also left this overnight because it was glossy card. 



The next day I blended 3 distress inks over the panel and then stamped the branch from Clearly Besotted Love Blossoms stamp set using Stazon ink. The two birds were die cut and placed on the branch and the panel was mounted onto a black mat, 




To finish off, I stamped the sentiment on the base card, stencilled a couple of hearts with red ink, and raised the panel on fun foam before removing the moon mask.

We are lucky enough to have Autumn of Sew Paper Paint join us this time as Guest Designer and you can see her lovely card and inspiration from the rest of the team over on the HLS blog and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

I'd like to play along with

House of Cards Challenge - add a bird and or colours - I used just the bird

Creatalicious Challenge - anything goes/anniversary

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - weddings/anniversary/love
Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Carol x


19 comments:

Joyce said...

Gorgeous anniversary card. Love the stark of the moon and silhouettes against your pretty background.

Nora Noll said...

This is so lovely!! I LOVE the little scene you created and that sky is BREATHTAKING!!! Just amazing design!!

Michelle said...

This is so elegant and precious. Great card in cas style.
Lovely greetings, Michelle (DT-sister)

Shawna said...

This is so wonderful Carol!! I am just in love with this card. The texture you provided for the sky is nothing but stunning. Keep that texture stamp it does wonders.. I wish you had the name of that stamp because it would be part of my stash in a second.. Great job and thank you, thank you, thank you for joining us at House of Cards.
Cyber Hugs,
Shawna DT

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous anniversary card...love your sweet pair of love birds.

Susan said...

I love this! The branch and birds are perfect against that background!

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty -love the birds andwhat abeautiful anniversary card this makes. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards this month. Shirley H.

Cara said...

A wonderful soft romantic card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Hope to see you again next week. Cara DT x

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh you angel, thank you so much for the shout out and thank you for sharing this amazing card with us! I just love those particular birds - gorgeousness!!! Hugs, Autumn

Mynn xx said...

This is OH so sweet! I adore this fabulous card--the colors you used for the sky are gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty anniversary card! I love the blended colors and the silhouette love-birds! Perfect for anyone's anniversary:)

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - this is so perfect for an anniversary card and so serene - love it. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Linda said...

This looks so sweet ..... love it! xx

Jackie C said...

Perfect in every way, adore it! Thank you for sharing at Creatalicious this time and good luck. Jackie DT Member

Seemaa said...

beautiful background Carol love it. Such simplicity with beauty.

Seemaa said...

beautiful background Carol love it. Such simplicity with beauty.

Barb said...

This is absolutely lovely Carol. What great design. Barbxx

Susan Renshaw said...

Striking card! I love it!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards Challenge :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...