Sunday 18 July 2010

PTI Happy for you card

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog on this wet grey day. The rain has been around for several days now, making our hosepipe ban seem a little silly but the gardens are definitely benefiting so I mustn't complain. We spent the day in Buxton yesterday whilst they were having their carnival for the Festival Fringe. They are very hardy people in those parts and they coped with heavy rain and wind whilst they were up on their floats, smiling and dancing as if it were a beautiful sunny day.

I whipped up a simple card to reply to a wedding invitation that I thought I'd share today. I used a Stampin Up oval punch to make an aperture in the card and then used the scallop oval punch to cut the orange card. I then put the orange scallop onto a larger piece of paper and cut the oval shape out of the scalloped shape to make a scallop frame and an oval centre. I stamped the oval centre with a flower and stem from PTI Boxes, Bags and Tags and stuck it down through the aperture.  I then cut a scalloped orange strip and layered a yellow strip on top using a PTI stamp from For the Graduate to make the lines and a sentiment from Vintage Picnic Sentiments, I finished of the corners with a flourish stamp from Personal Impressions Swirls and Flourishes 1.


















I didn't have an envelope of the correct size so instead of making a new one, I cut down a larger one and added the decorative flourishes on the from and a flower on the back flap. This is the first time I've used the flourishes and I love how they turned out.



 I have had a little move around in my craft space this week, thanks to help from my husband so I'm looking forward to having more room to play now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooo I really like this card! It is so elegant, and the colour is unusual. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...