Thursday 25 October 2012

PTI and Silhouette Cameo Christmas card



Blog-hop-logo



Hello everyone and welcome to another post. I'd like to thank Jackie over at the Cameo Spotlight  for giving me a very happy day after choosing my birdcage card as winner of the last challenge. I am looking forward to choosing a lovely stamp set from Avery Elle very soon. That challenge was to use certain colours and by coincidence the Papertrey Bloghop challenge is also to use specific non traditional colours for a Christmas card. I chose these colours
Color-group-6

I chose these colours and came up with this card, which is a case of this card that I made in July.



I have to admit that I struggled to achieve all the colours. I did not have soft stone cardstock (or anything similar) so I used my soft stone ink to colour some white card for the tabs which I cut from one of the fillable frames dies



This worked quite well but when I came downstairs the following day, the ink had run so I had obviously stamped it before the ink was fully dry so beware of this problem it you decide to try this.


I managed to remove the spoiled tabs and repeated the exercise, this time drying the card thoroughly with my heat gun before stamping the sentiments. I tried using sweet blush ink to stamp the snowflakes on the scarlet jewel card, but it just disappeared, even when I heat embossed it, so I cut some snowflakes on my Silhouette Cameo out of white cardstock and lightly inked over them with sweet blush ink. You can hardly see the pink effect in this photo, but it is there. Oh well, enough of this concentrating on the problems I had, because I actually quite like the effect of the strong colours and I'm pleased that I persevered. I'm also absolutely delighted with the quality of the fine cut on the snowflakes. I'm loving my Cam!!!

Enjoy the blog hop and thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x










8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those ornaments look fantastic. We picked the same color scheme.

Marybeth said...

Congratulations on your card win! Carol this is so pretty, love the way you made your own stone color. The snowflakes make such a beautiful ornament.

Joyce said...

Congratulations on winning with your bird cage card. That was a wonderful card. Todays card is a winner too, I'm sure. I love how you did partial snowflakes on the circles. P.S. Check your mailbox for a little surprise from Sarah and me.

Nancy Guse said...

Congratulations on your win! The snowflakes are the perfect touch!! Beautiful card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Congrats on your win for that fabulous birdcage card!! Love your card for today too--so elegant!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the design & balance in this card - super movement on the ornaments!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards!
Hello from Elma

bastelengel said...

A wonderful christmas card. A perfect card to use some scraps, too. I have to try this.
Eva

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...