Saturday 14 February 2015

Papertrey Ink and Simon Says Stamps Metallic February birthday card

8th-Anniversary-Logo
Hello everyone and Happy Valentine's day. My lovely hubby got me a beautiful card and a couple of cds that I've been wanting, so I'm sitting listening to wonderful piano music as I write this.

I'm still playing catch up over at the Papertrey Ink 8th birthday celebrations and they are going to be releasing lots of metallic elements soon so they asked us to make a card with a metallic theme. I have a friend whose birthday falls on Valentine's Day, so I made her this card:-




I used a Spellbinders embossabilities folder for the gold border, and Simon Says Stamps Frame dies for the little panel. The stamped greeting is from the Birthday Classics : February Stamp Set, and I first tried embossing it with my gold embossing powder. Unfortunately the gold finish was more of an antique gold and it really didn't go well with the bright gold card, so I hunted around to see what else I had. I found some Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink that I can't have used for at least 5 years, and I was amazed that it hadn't all dried up long ago. It was a bit pale when I stamped it but thanks to my wonderful Misti, I was able to stamp it 3 times to build up the colour and I think it ended up matching really well.



The butterflies were in my stash and had been cut out on my Silhouette Cameo, so I just inked the wings and shaped them a little before sticking them on. 

I'd like to enter this into the 






Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Hugs
Carol x




15 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card, love it!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous card Carol, as usual!! Love the opulence of the embossed gold border and those little butterflies are so pretty. Have a lovely weekend xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Carole, lovely sentiment too, perfect for a Valentine birthday!

Hugs
Vicki x

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely card!! Love the color and you CAS design!!
Happy Valentines day!

Nat said...

such beautiful flow to your desinn, love the added panel on the left side. Wishing you a very Happy Valentines day! :)

Judy1223 said...

Carol, a perfect birthday card for anyone with a February birthday, but especially Valentine's Day! (My mom's birthday is on Valentine's Day and I always struggle when making her card...I should get this stamp!) Gorgeous gold accents, too! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Kylie said...

wow, the metallic combinations on this is amazing. I love those two toned butterflies!!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Ann said...

Loving all your PTI anniversary cards Carol. Are you excited for the release?

Jen W. said...

Carol, your card is so gorgeous and elegant! I love that embossed panel on the side! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Barb Ghig said...

Really stunning card, Carol! Beautiful design and I love the gold border! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

Kara Lynne said...

So beautiful! I love those gold tipped wings!

Unknown said...

Very regal :) I love how you turned in the butterfly wings! Thank you so much for taking the time out to share a little love with us gals at Addicted to Stamps and More...! Hope you will join us again next week!!!

Shona Chambers said...

What a stylish card and that gold border looks so real and metallic. Brilliant job! And I also love that cute little butterflies, they are so sweet. So glad you joined us at ATSM this week!

Benzi said...

Your friend is sure to love this card. I love the metallic theme. What a dear your hubby was to give you the cd's so you can craft with good music.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the gold embossing and pretty butterflies. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...