Monday 1 June 2015

Paper Smooches and Avery Elle New Baby Card






Hello everyone,

I hope you had a good weekend and are ready for a new week. Our weekend was a bit hectic but we spent a lovely evening with friends at the Lowry Theatre on Saturday seeing Tom Paxton sing. Tom is 77 years old now and I have enjoyed his concerts many times over the years. He held the audience in the palm of his hands while he took us on a journey through his songs that made me laugh and cry. He told us that this was the last concert of his last tour, and it makes me sad to think that I won't see him sing live again, but I think that at 77 years old he deserves to put his feet up, and I thank him for all the pleasure he has given me throughout his career!

Over the past few years we have been attending lots of weddings and so it shouldn't surprise me that a lot of people I know are expecting babies this year! I thought I better start preparing for the cards and gifts I am going to need and the current challenge over at Showcase Your Style caught my eye with their inspiration photo of film gubbins



I decided to cut a filmstrip on my Silhouette Cameo and play along with this card




I used the stork from the Avery Elle Plus One stamps set and coloured it with Copics and a gel pen before fussy cutting it to fly onto the card. The filmstrip was placed at the bottom and I added alphabet stamps that I stamped with various colourful inks, and I scattered stars cut with the SSS confetti die in the same colours. The welcome came from the Paper Smooches die which coordinates with their wonderful Welcome Wagon stamp set. When I first saw this lovely stamp set I was reminded of my Mum's favorite song which was 'Welcome to My World by Jim Reeves and as the current challenge over at Open Minded Crafting is 'inspired by a song', I'd like to play along there this time. Finally, the challenge over at The Pink Challenge this week is 'things with wings'  and I hope I have enough pink here to qualify!

Thanks for stopping by


Hugs
Carol x


13 comments:

Carole said...

This is just adorable! So pretty and so well thought out in design. Love it and I bet you have one in blue too!!

Marybeth said...

Carol ,this is perfectly adorable! Love the film strip baby! Love this baby card!

Unknown said...

Oh Carol!! This is ohh soo cute!! I love the "baby" blocks! adorable

Sarah said...

Such a lovely design Carol...as usual!! xx

Anonymous said...

Adorable card! I love the film strip idea!

Nora Noll said...

This card is so sweet!! I love the film strip with the letter blocks and how you sprinkled fun pastel stars above. Totally adorable!!

Kylie said...

Carol, this is just amazing. LOVE the film strip and the scattered stars! Gorgeous. xx

Bonnie said...

Such a sweet baby card, Carol! Love all the die cuts, especially those blocks!

Annie said...

what a gorgeous new baby card, I love all the sugary pastel colours!
hugs, annie x

*Vicki* said...

This is so sweet Carol!! :) Love the stork and the baby film strip piece is a brilliant idea!

sammi said...

Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "Song Inspired" challenge at Open Minded Crafting! Hope to see you playing, again, next time! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Open Minded Crafting

Debs said...

Totally adorable!
Thanks for playing along at In the Pink this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Andrea said...

Such so sweet Babycard, Carol.I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...