Hello and welcome back to the July challenge at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge We are an anything goes challenge but each month we have a fun twist for you to join in with if you wish, and this time our twist is 'birthday'. After Christmas cards, I make more birthday cards than any other, so if you are like me, this will be a good incentive to build up your stash.
I love mixing up my stash, especially when I can use new items, then add older titbits and breathe new life into them. That's what I did here
1) Die cut a pierced square and sponge the corners with some yellow ink. I stamped my new Chloe Leafy Wreath stamp using Zig watercolour pens directly on the stamp, spritzed with water and then stamped. I turned the square a little and then stamped again for a second generation impression.
2) Die cut several Chloe Mini Flowers, colour the petals with a Quickie Glue Pen and then ad some fine glitter. Colour the centre of each flower with an orange marker. When everything is dry, shape the flowers and stick them around the wreath.
3) Die cut a stitched circle and stamp the sentiment from Happy Little Stampers Thinking of You set in the centre. Stamp the Happy Birthday using the Clearly Besotted So to Speak stamp set in black ink, fussy cut it to lose the speech bubble part, and add it to the circle underneath the sentiment. Raise the circle on fun foam in the centre of the wreath.
4) Die cut a pierced square in yellow card and mat the wreath onto it.
6) Once it is dry, stamp the flower spray from the Altenew Beautiful Day stamp set and watercolour with Zig pens.
7) Finish off by adding a couple of birds and butterflies from the Avery Elle Storybook stamp and die set. Layer up the squares in the centre on the card raising the white panel on fun foam. Use a Quickie Glue pen to add dots of glue around the wreath and add some glitter.
There is a lot of inspiration over on the HLS BlogHLS Blog, and I hope to see you over in the gallery.
I'd like to play along at
Moving Along With The Times challenge - June Blooms
The Crafty Addicts Challenge #49 - say it with flowers
Paper Minutes Challenge #543 - summer meadow
Thanks for stopping by.